1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on new Kolar T/S

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshooter1981682, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshooter1981682

trapshooter1981682 TS Member

Anyone got any opinions on the Kolar TS?

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

Great gun with a decent price. One of the best values in a higher end gun on the market today.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Great shooters. Several around these parts have them and for the most part are happy. The only one's that don't car for them are the one's who like a "Flat" shooting gun.

Get the opertunity to shoot one and I'll think that you'll be impressed!

ec90t

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I thought I might like one till I found out they have a safety. There is something wrong with putting a safety on a dedicated single barrel trapgun. I wonder how much a worthless safety adds to the cost?

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jerry, if you have to ask how much it cost to put a safety on this gun, you can't afford one.

Forget about it and go buy whatever it is you'd really like to have. Preferably something without safety....

Hauxfan!

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

JerryP,

The lawyers dictated the saftey. Infact, it delayed the release of the T/S a bit. It was originally designed without one.

ec90t

7. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I just got one in Feb. Love it. Best trap gun I have ever shot.

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

If lawyers dictated the safety why don't other dedicated single barrel trapguns have a safety. No safety on a BT, Bowen, Seitz, Alferman, Ljutic, etc.... The only trapguns I know of with a safety are converted field guns like a Citori.

If the safety can be locked off that's good. Looks like that would lead right back to the liability issue.

Hauxfan, there's a lot of choices.

9. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Be sure to get fitted for the right stock. The first one I ever picked up felt like a log! Saw Kolar at the U.S. Open, they got me in a stock that felt like a glove. I would have purchased it, but I bought an Infinity! Matt

10. Trapp101

Trapp101 TS Member

I recently bought one at the Texas State shoot and am enoying the gun. I ahve had a few questions about the gun and Kolar has been excellent about responding.

Regarding the safety, Kolar includes a drift pin that can easily installed to lock out the safety. I had the same concern until I realized they had already thought of the situation and made provisions.

Great Gun.

Gary

11. hpesoj54

hpesoj54 TS Member

I bought one in January. excellent trap gun. Went direct to the factory and dealt with Jeff Mainland. He did a teriffic job. The safety is not a problem.

Joseph

12. gostrydr

gostrydr TS Member

Sure wish you could get a custom stock for this one, but KOLAR does not make custom stocks for the T/S!!

13. bas

bas Member

gostrdr...who said Kolar didn't make custom stocks for the T/S? Just curious....

14. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Kolar made me the most beautiful custom stock I have ever seen. I have been told they can fit the stock better than anyone else and mine sure does.

15. ksaul1

ksaul1 TS Member

Looks like

16. ksaul1

ksaul1 TS Member

Looks like a nice gun at the price point, I was thinking of a guerini combo till this was pointed out, maybe a better deal since i dont shoot doubles. Oh well either one is a couple years off, probably be something better by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.