1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on DT-10 & 682 Gold E

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshooter1981682, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshooter1981682

trapshooter1981682 TS Member

What is the pros and cons of a 682 Gold E Unsingle and a DT-10? Other than the barrels being similar, what are the differences in weight, and mechanics of these? I know there is a price difference as well. Thanks for your input.

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

For me it was balance. I kept picking up one then the other and the DT10 just felt better. Yes, there was a price difference of a few thousand dollars... it was worth it. From the time I shot the DT10 I went from a C shooter to a B and won the B state championship and then next year was runner up in the AA [200 + a shoot off]. Yes, it was the gun! Fred

3. trapshooter1981682

trapshooter1981682 TS Member

Thank you very much Fred, i just didnt know on how well it performed compared to the 682 Gold E, and you summed it up for me. Is the receiver that much better than the Gold E?

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

In the "For whatever it's worth department", I tried the DT-10 and a 682 Gold E on a few occassions. To me, the 682 just felt better and I purchased one. I still feel that way and it's been 2 years.

Curt - Delaware

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have not held or shot the new 682 Gold E Unsingle, but I own and shoot two DT 10s. The drop out trigger is a plus, if you are a nut for cleaning. The lock up is most impressive. The wood is generally the best Beretta has to offer. The 682 E series has a reputation, in my neck of the woods, for "doubling". There is, apparently, something inherently problematic with the trigger group. One friend had his trigger problem in the shop 3 times in one year, on a new 682. That gun went away. I have had no......no problems with my DT 10s.

JON

6. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

There are some major differences between the 682 Gold E and the DT-10. As mentioned the DT-10 features a Greener cross bolt lock up which can withstand many 100,000's of rounds. Not taking anything away form the 682 action because that is a very strong action as well. Beretta's combo rifles are built on the 682 action and withstand the pressure of some very heavy rifle cartidges.

The DT-10 also has v-leaf springs instead of coil springs for the trigger. The trigger on the DT-10 is also removeable.

The DT-10 while not a premium gun is treated as one at the Beretta factory meaning the action, barrel and other parts are hand fitted. The DT-10 is a fantastic shotgun that I feel doesn't get the credit it deserves. If you have beretta swap out the polymer comb hardware for metal and have a clay target machine. I have heard more than one person that prefers the balance of the 682 Gold E over the DT-10. The new 682 un-single utilizes the adjusable rib off the DT-10 and is very well balanced. If you haven't shot one yet you might be surprised what a nice gun it is. I shoot a k-80 but just bought the new 682 un-single to play around with and I'm very impressed.

7. Bridger

Bridger Member

i'm not so sure that the DT 10 lookwork is any stronger than the 682. I've had more than one gunsmith tell me it wasn't as the locking mechanism wears every time its opened, not just when its fired. I do know that a shooting buddy had to have his DT10 worked on after about 25,000 shells. I like the DT 10 a lot more than the 682, I'm just not so sure the lockwork is all that strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 gold e vs dt 10

dt10 vs 682 gold e trap

is dt10 balanced