1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on DO ALL Trap Thrower

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoffman06, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Just was reading about the Do All line of trap throwers. Has any one had any experience with any of these and what do you think of them, good or bad.
    Thanks Carey

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I bought one 3 years ago and so far it has been great! The truth is I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. LOL

3. tachyon

tachyon Member

DoAll makes a whole bunch of different traps. Which one are you interested in?

We have the "pro 3/4 single" manual with a sit down base. It is a lot of fun.
    It will throw a 100 yard target with the spring at full tension. Depending on who is shooting we can throw 40-100 yard targets. You can swing right or left and up or down to give every person a different presentation. The younguns get a lot of straightaways, the experts get a lot of interesting ones. Keep track of the included wrench as it is narrow enough to attach the trap to the base.

It does take some effort to pull the spring to complete the process. Adults only to run the machine. I broke a finger when it went off while I was fussing with the locking lever. My fault as I should not have had my hand in front of the lever arm.

It is not "trapshooting" but it is fun.

4. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Thanks for the answers, any one with the battery powered one and how do you like it.
    Carey

5. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Member

I have owned the Do-All Outdoors Aerial Assault for about 5 years now. I have had no major problems with mine. Just like any other machine, maintenance is the key. I grease mine and tighten the bolts every so often and have put alot of birds through it. Approximately 200 to 500 birds every week.
    I make sure it has a full charge on the battery and it last all day.

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

there was a good and pretty long post over on shotgun world about these, it seemed like 90% of them were chinese junk, only a few were good, I did quite a bit of research and settled on a atlas which has been wonderful with zero problems..

7. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Guys any more thoughts would be appreciated and we can let this thread die.
    Thanks for the help.
    Carey

8. det131

det131 Member

Carey:

I own three of the aerial assault traps. First one purchased approx six years ago. It was flawless in operation. I was so impressed I purchased two more for use with my 4H kids. What a disappointment. After much fussing, contact with Do-All (They are very helpful), etc. I got one of them to work properly 70- 80% of the time. The other will not throw more than five birds without breaking the clays. If you don't stop and clean the debris every following bird will be broken. All of them sometimes have issues with dropping a new bird on the plate. These were relatively new to the market at the time I bought them. Hopefully they have ironed out some of the issues. I have seen others on display in the stores and have noted that they have made some design changes. Anyone I know that has purchased an Atlas or Champion has not been disappointed, however I have no personal experience.

I also have two of the double trapped setups that throw all target sizes and types. They work very well. Only drawback is you need someone to pull the targets for you. If you have a group and a place to shoot you can have a real blast:)

Hope this helps

Jim

9. IDAHOFARMER

IDAHOFARMER TS Member

I recentley purchased a Do-All aerial assault, because of the weather I have only been able to use it a few times but it worked flawlesly right out of the box. Speed and distance of targets is fairly comparable to my local trap club. I like it so well I have ordered a wobbler kit.

10. james dent

james dent TS Member

i bought an aerial assault 2 year ago and fought with it it was junk called do all and they sent me parts to fix it but the motor brunt up after one day got one motor did the same thing i have never tryed to fix it again just gave up with it won't ever buy one again

11. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

its like everything.... you get what you pay for.. in the long run your better off to buy the best you can ..

12. josh b

josh b TS Member

Carey done alot of research a year ago on traps and after talking to many dealers and other people we went with promatic good price made in america and very good people to deal with.
    hope this helps Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

do all aerial assault manual

do all trap replacement spring

replacement manual trap thrower spring

replacement spring for doall aerial assault trap

tighten tension spring do all outdoors trap thrower

weaker spring for doall aerial assault trap