1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Ceasar Guerina Summit Impact

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim_Gary, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim_Gary

Jim_Gary TS Member

what is your impression of the new Summit Impact. Debating between it and their trap model over-under with 30 or 32 inch barrels. No Impacts available in this area to try out yet or even see.

2. sanremo

sanremo Member

I own a CG Impact and find to to be very nice gun. I purchased it from Bob Schultz, who is a true pleasure to deal with and very fair! I picked it for their quality and warrany, so far havent had any problems. it balances well, doesnt kick! I like the adjustable rib, it allows me to change my point of impact and shoot both trap games and sporting clays.

3. sanremo

sanremo Member

I own a CG Impact and find to to be very nice gun. I purchased it from Bob Schultz, who is a true pleasure to deal with and very fair! I picked it for their quality and warrany, so far havent had any problems. it balances well, doesnt kick! I like the adjustable rib, it allows me to change my point of impact and shoot both trap games and sporting clays.

4. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

I normally shoot a K32 for skeet and a CG Summit Trap for trap. I bought the Impact to use at my winter home in Florida so I could shoot skeet and trap with the same gun. I have found by varying the rib, choke, & comb I truly can use it for both games effectively. I am very pleased with this gun.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

I truely love my Summit Trap Topsingle combo but the new Impact is veryyyyy tempting.

--- Chip King ---

6. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

UPS returned my Impact yesterday from CG. I have put run close to 7ooo through it since I got it in April, 0 problems. I have disassembled/cleaned/ and lubed 3 times. Had a couple small accidents, chipped forearm, glued it touched up finish. Sent it back for a complimentary pit stop. They very graciously replaced the forearm / serviced and paid return freight. Somehow I can't see Perazzi doing the same on my p-gun. I shoot sporting,trap, and the lack of recoil makes it a super doubles gun. I sold a 30" Impact to a friend, its a bit too lively for me. He then decided to try a Kolar, nice gun, but had to put a GraCoil on it for him after he got use to the CG. Jim Poor

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summit trap combo unsingle and 32" O/U. I shoot the O/U for sporting clays some times. I just love the gun. I have shot the Impact and like it. The rib is a little lower and it would make it a better all around gun. If I didn't have my trap gun I would take a good hard look at the Impact.

8. Jim_Gary

Jim_Gary TS Member

Does the Impact seem to have less recoil then the Trap model? Which barrel length seems to be better for a short 5'4" man? I know a lot of it is probably just preference but I have always had 30" barrels and wondered if I might be better off with 32" barrels. I am going to use the gun for Trap Singles and Doubles and some Sporting Clay & occasional Skeet rounds.

9. Jim_Gary

Jim_Gary TS Member

Thanks for the good input about the CG Impact and Trap. I am waiting for the shop to get one of the impacts or Trap models in so I can swing them and decide if I want 30 or 32" barrels. I have always shot 30" barrels in over/unders but just thinking of maybe going to 32" this time. I guess I will just have to wait to get my hands on one and swing it to make up my mind. The impacts are all back ordered now and takes at least a month to get one in even without any stock modifications. I imagine I could get the Trap much quicker, but want to see a Impact before I decide on which I want.

10. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Jim, I have a Summit Trap that I love. Had a Beretta combo that I just sold. Went out this morning and bought a 32" Impact to use as a doubles and sporting gun.

The gun is beautifully balanced, has a very purpose built look with the dark finish. Triggers feel excellent. Can't wait until tomorrow to get it out and shoot it.

I think the Impact would be an ideal choice for you if you want to shoot more than one sport, also feel it would make a pretty good dedicated trap gun.

John

11. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

I bought o/u barrels for my MX14 to shoot doubles with. I like my 32" Impact much better. SOFT shooter, try one if you get a chance. 5" forceing cones and .735 bore makes any kind of porting absolutely un-necessary. Jim

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Will the Impact shoot 100% high with a figure 8 bead alignment?

13. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Setterman,

Depending on your mount, I'd say it would. You may want to shoot one just to verify this.

ss

14. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

According to Guerini the rib will adjust from 5% low to 90% high,not bad considering gun is being advertised as a multiple clays gun, not just trap.

Had mine out this morning for the first time, shot a 24 in 35 degrees and 30mph winds,had rib set for 60/40, rib very easy to adjust with 1 allen in front,repeatable and precise. All adjustments are easy and precise.

Looks like I'm really going to like this gun, time will tell

John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Jim_Gary

Jim_Gary TS Member

Nice looking Impact. What are the barrel lengths? How does it feel in comparison to ummit Trap model? Jim

16. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

By adjusting both the rib and comb I can get my Impact to pattern 100% high at 30 yards.

17. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Gents,

What kind of prices are you seeing for the various Impact models?

Thanks
    Larry

18. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Jim, barrels are 32". Gun feels a lot like my trap top single, may swing a little smoother and more precise but really don't have enough time shooting it yet to form a firm opinion.

Larry, I was able to pick mine up for 4495.00, 500.00 off list.

John

19. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

Besides the factory installed release has anyone had a release trigger put in their CG, and could you tell me who did it?

Thank you,

Mike

20. Jim_Gary

Jim_Gary TS Member

John: Thanks for the good input on the Impact. I can't wait to shoulder one and try to decide between it and the Summit Trap. I shoot predominately American trap singles, but I just thought it would be nice to have a over/under I could possibly use to shoot a round of Skeet or Sporting Clays once in awhile. My number one criteria though is for Trap. If I ever need to, I have a Browning Gold I can use for Skeet or Sporting Clay. I wish you a lot of luck with you Impact. It sounds like you are off to a good start with it.
    Jim G.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rib adjustments summit impact