1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on BlackBore Chokes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Do knife blade ports "work for the shooter and enhance their shooting abilities"?

If not, can these chokes be used to prepare coleslaw?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I give it a 10 out of 10 on the cool scale. Isn't that the same choke that all the "Big Dogs" use to get where they are today? :)

3. Dr A C Jones

Dr A C Jones Member

Well, if it does give tighter patterns, presumably their Cyl choke gives patterns that are too tight for the intended purpose.

Andrew.

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about these chokes, but looking at them I would guess they would be a bitch to clean. I know a shooter,who uses Muller chokes. I think they would be the way to go if they are compatible with your gun.

Phil Berkowitz

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And if you act before midnite tonight, We'll double the offer. Just pay separate shipping and processing!!!

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

Plus think how pleased your buddies will be now that they not only have to put up with the extra noise of the ports they will now also have hot shreds of wad to go along with it. ;0)

--- Chip King ---

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

same design as Kick Chokes.....I use Kick Chokes and like them.

8. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I have been using Kicks chokes since 1995 and don't have a bad word to say about them. These look to be copycat chokes. If they are half the price they may sell some but if not the only ones that sell will be for the cool factor.

9. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

But Kicks chokes don't have "knife blades" at the top of their ports....

"The approach taken was to machine actual "knife blades" into the ports of the choke at an acute angle to the direction the wad/shot is traveling down the bore. When the gun is fired, powder gases exert tremendous pressure on the wad, expanding the body and shot petals to the sides of the bore. As the wad passes through the BlackBore choke, the knife blades slice and shave off 'slivers' of plastic from the petals and sides of the wad. This action actually slows down the wad enough to prevent the wad from 'rear ending' the shot column as the pellets leave the barrel.

The proof of this is to examine the recovered wads and note the slivers of plastic on the ground! Wads from tube and ported chokes look almost good enough to reload and shoot again. Those shot through the BlackBore choke are so chewed up and mangled that it is immediately apparent that the wad was, indeed, retarded in its exit from the choke and the shot pattern is more dense and consistent!"

10. chipking

chipking TS Member

But as pointed out by another poster WADS DO NOT AND CAN NOT BUMP INTO SHOT after they leave the barrel Unless you put a wad in front to start with. The whole sales pitch is based on an impossibility. Just more snake oil. They may be great chokes but that will be from the design of the choke and would be the same with or without slots.

--- Chip King ---

11. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

All the knife blades i have used needed re-sharpened. How do these get re-sharpened? Or do you just pitch them after so many rounds?

12. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Two Inch Extended Parallel Section is too much parallel choke gurus use 1/2 inch just enough too have the whole shot column in the parallel section at the same time.

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

They can say all they want about what it supposedly does or doesn't do, and how the features of their choke provide all these benefits.

But unless the patterns are measurably better than other chokes (and someone needs to clearly define what "better" means), and they prove it with independent testing, its nothing but a salesmanship and a gimmick.

I'm betting they won't.

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

<i>"Retarding the shotgun shell wad at the moment the wad/shot column leaves the barrel will prevent the wad from blowing through the shot column resulting in denser and more consistant patterns."</i>

That's the most utterly absurd bunch of nonsense I've ever heard about chokes and wads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
black bore choke tubes
black bore chokes
blackbore card shoot chokes
blackbore choke tube reviews
blackbore choke tubes reviews

blackbore chokes

blackbore chokes review

blackbore chokes reviews