1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Beretta ASE 90

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RunGunIPSC, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

A friend is considering the purchase of an ASE 90 in sporting flavor for that purpose. He would like to hear thoughts on the gun. Reliabilty,pattern performance,handling characteristics,availability of knowledgable repair people,what to look for in the gun & any other issues. Thank you to all that may respond. Tom

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

There were two versions of this gun. The ASE 90 came with a second trigger group and had a silver sided receiver. The ASE Gold did not come with a second trigger group but did come with spare trigger parts, Instead of the silver plated frame it had the beautiful greystone plated finish. The finest steel was used in the barrels and the gun was handfitted in the custom shop which explains its demise as the labor costs were very high and Beretta could not compete with the K80 and the MX8 which were already well established. When Beretta could build the DT 10 with CNC engineering the days of the ASE were over.The ASE is a great gun but resale has not been that good on them. Buy it right and you have a wonderful gun. I had one in the sporting configuration for a time. Parts for the gun could be getting scarce in the US but available through the factory in Italy.

3. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I've got one in the sporting configuration with tubes that I use for skeet and clays. For that matter, I've used it quite successfully on the trap range, both 12-gauge and with the 28-gauge tubes (it helps that I shoot all games with it set up like a trap gun, with a very high comb so that it shoots high). I absolutely love it. The only criticism I'd make of it - and this is not the fault of the gun - is that it's got the sporting stock, when I'd prefer the trap stock. BFD.

If the gun your friend is considering is in good shape and has both trigger groups, I'd say grab it. Personally, I got mine second-hand from Paxton (http://www.paxtonarms.com/) - he only deals in skeet and sporting clays guns. But he's a very good guy.

Tony

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I guess the chances of finding one with 32" barrels in Sporting are zero....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.