1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on a Winchester Select Energy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mecman, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecman

mecman TS Member

All imput is welcome, to start things off trap is my game, however on a regular basis a few of us go to the sporting clays range to shoot a few hundred rounds. we all enjoy this so I'm looking into purchaseing a winchester select sporting gun . does anyone on here own one, shot one,likes and dis-likes , Thanks for all advice

Gary

2. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

Probably the best buy available right now for a quality over and under. Really like mine.

3. trap906

trap906 Member

I've been wanting to try one too, although the rib is a little low. anyway, what I understand is that its being replaced with the new version of the 101. I noticed that Cabella's at Little Rock are clearance pricing the select to get rid of them. 2 weeks ago the had the select with 32" bbl's and adjustable comb on clearance price $1299.00 a bargain I thought, but as usual, I only had about $50.00 to my name...

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

2 shooters at my club, I shot both well. I liked them. Some people dont like the looks. Felt good. For the price you cant buy a better NEW gun

5. mecman

mecman TS Member

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

The "Sporting Clays" model has a narrower rib than the "Trap" model

John C. Saubak

7. spritc

spritc Active Member

I have a Select Energy Sporting with 30" barrels and it shoots great. I also have a Browning Lightning Special Sporting Edition with 30" barrels and it shoots great as well. I am a one-eye shooter because my left eye is dominant and being a right-handed shooter that causes problems and unlike Piddy I have no trouble whatsoever with 30" barrels. I would be willing to part with one of them for a very fair price. Email me to discuss if you have an interest.

Thanks,
    Steve

8. deckart

deckart TS Member

Got the Sporter. The best value out there. If it fits, you must gits. deckart

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

A friend of mine with two teen daughters in the SCTP bought a pair of the 30" Select Trap guns for them. They IMMEDIATELY shot their lifetime best with them!

I shot a round of Bunker with one of them, and they are fabulous. For ATA only, the 32" barrel is not too muzzle heavy. For other sports, I would consider the very lively 30" gun.

The hard case is icing on the cake.

10. coho

coho Member

I’ve had a trap model with 32 inch barrels for about 4 years now and i really like mine. the only complaint i have is when it gets cold the bottom barrel won't fire all the time. I’ve had it adjusted but it still misfires once in awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester select energy sporting clay