1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on a PW 900 elite

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by winselect, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winselect

winselect TS Member

Ok all you reloading guys give me yours thoughts on the ponsness Warren 900 elite, is it worth buying or should I go ahead and get the 800 plus

2. 548

548 Guest

Save a few more months and get the Spolar and be done.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I own 6 900s...4 that work well and 2 that will soon. I like them because I understand them completely and because I like the support of the center shaft.

That being said, depending on the age of the 900 you're looking at, you will probably have to do some parts replacing and you may also want to upgrade to a new primer feed and the removable die turret. In the long run it may be wiser to buy a new 800+.

Keller

4. sporting clay

sporting clay Member

After using an 800c for some time, I acquired 900. The 900 loaded well but I was programmed for the "click" of an 800C when it indexes and didn't care for 900 because of this. I think you would be wise to get the 800+. It come with upgraded primer feed and the removable die turret saving you around $300 you would need for the 900. Clay

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have used my 900 for at least 15 years but I don't have any of the upgrades.

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I got NIB PW900 for a good price and have loaded thousands of shells on it without any issues. It was half the cost of a 800+. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.