1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts On a Browning B2000-----Please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xtand 99, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

My friend is looking at a Browning B 2000 and I know nothing about them ---So any information or opinions are welcome. What is the range that they would go for ----Thanks Norbert

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I had one, but my grandson now has it!

Parts made in Belgium and assembled in Portugal.

Nice gun ... soft recoil!

3. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

very well constructed, soft shooting target crusher. The bolt release will wear a hole in your finger; so using the side port to load is better IMO. The side port loading is a little awkward at first, but you can get accustomed to it. Fit and finish are excellent as well.

4. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

ttt

Thanks for your opinions and comments---Norbert

5. wproct

wproct Member

Years ago I had a friend who owned one in trap grade. Can't remember for sure, but think it had a 32" barrel. It was a very nice looking shotgun. I remember that he would load his through the loading port on the left side while shooting trap.

6. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I owned a 12 gauge 28" field model for several years. It was a great shotgun...handled exceptionally well, and very well made. I traded it for an Browning A-5, which was a decent gun, but not nearly as lively or responsive in the hands.

Nice B2000's seem to sell for around $500.

bluedsteel

7. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

You will need 2 barrels if you want to shoot 2 3/4 or 3 in If it has a 3in barrel then you will have to hand eject the 2 3/4 s keep well lubed at the gas piston

8. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Real nice gun for the money. We used to sell a lot of them in our store, nice quality gun-very few problems.

9. RRA

RRA TS Member

I have had a B-2000 for 34 years. I shot trap with it back in the early 80's. I was able to get a shell catcher at the time. Once in a while on light loads the action would slam back on the hull in the catcher. Since it is gas operated you will need to clean it often. It weighs less than my XT and is a breeze to shoot. Unlike the newer Browning automatics (GOLD, Silver and Maxus) it is a little heavier since it is made from steel and not alloy. I also have a Winchester SX2 which is essentially the same as a Browning Silver. The Winchester is a more reliable action. After several years in the marsh hunting ducks in all kinds of weather, I have never had a jam. I could not say that about my B-2000.

10. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

Thanks everyone for the comments and information--It helps alot when people share their info about so many different things on TS---Norbert

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

One thing not mentioned is that they have a long reach on the trigger, might be an issue for short fingered people. Other than that I like them. Who says Browning never made a good semi-auto since the A5?

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I had several in 32" inch Bbls, hard if not impossible to get a release for. I sold one of mine to a friend and he shot Big Ass shells in it for years and never a break down.

Both were Trap Models.

Excellent gun should be priced from $500-$650 in very good condition. Most were M/C Stocks if not all.

They take a beating and keep on ticking like a TIMEX.

Just sold one to my son that I picked up. Am looking for another one.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning 2000

browning 2000 review
browning 2000 shotgun review
browning b 2000
browning b-2000

browning b2000

browning b2000 for sale