1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on 30 vs 32 in O/U bbl's for my K-80

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tgene, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgene

tgene Member

I have been shooting 30 inch O/U barrels with my K-80 combo. My use of the O/U barrel set is for shooting sporting clays, skeet, continental and doubles. I am considering trading the 30 inch barrels for 32 inch. I'm just probing for any of your thoughts in going to the extra length. Krieghoff says the new 32 inch barrels have been lightened up by decreasing the rib width, etc. so the weight difference is negligable. Any thoughts? tks... -g

2. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

If you have to "justify" the purchase , you probably can't .

If you just want the 32"ers , that is up to you and your disposable funds .

Charlie

3. build4u

build4u Member

I have 30 inch and 32 inch barrels for my K-80 Sporting gun. The 30s came on the gun with factory choke tubes. I bought the 32s with fixed chokes and had Briley install thin walls with a half inch extension with 1/4 inch of that being a colored Spectrum ring. With out the bulges for the factory choke the barrels are almost exactly the same wieght. I have never put the 30s back on. The gun feels lighter and more nimble I believe because of the balance and it seems to point better and I am more in control on an agressive swing to the second target of a pair. It seems like the thin walls shoot a litttle tighter but I have not patterned it. My friend did the exact same set up and promptly sold his 30 inch set. I kept mine for the numbers matching on a higher grade gun.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I went the opposite route. My Trap guns had 32" barrels, but I wound up with 30" pipes. I will say that my 32's had factory screw chokes, but for me, the 30's are monumentally more lively for all games, and I have recently shot lifetime bests in Trap Dubs with the 30 inchers. At nearly 61,, errr, I mean 39 and holding, one would think I would be on the downhill slide. NOT! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.