1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Those in favor of background check bill...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Here's the text,,,,,,,,please show me where this would have prevented Sandy Hook, Colorado movie theater et. Al.......

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Mom apparently was mentally ill also. Maybe then?

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Stl Flyn...you said "apparently". Do you have a source of information or just spreading rumors?

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The fact he said it, tell me he hasn't followed or kept up with the reporting!!!

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Seriously, what's not to like??

6. Stl Flyn

Click.

Did not need verification. I think anyone who would allow free access, and buy firearms for Adam Lanza, after all of the different facts are out of his mental illness, and tendencies, could not be in a right state of mind, in my opinion.

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Which means precisely that the system in Connecticut, which is surely very parallel to the system being voted on in the senate, failed utterly. Or to put it another way, a background check on this lady utterly failed to find anything wrong with her. If your contention is that she was nuts Sti, then the system proved it is worthless.

8. sbhced

sbhced Member

Bruce, Does the word Stasi (official name Ministerium für Staatsicherheit (German: “Ministry for State Security”)),mean anything to you. They were famous for getting neighbors to rat out each other. Many East Germans were subjected to police actions based only on allegations of possibly disgruntled neighbors.

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't feel we need more laws and more background checks. When the wife and I applied for our CCL, when it first came out, it took 3-4 months for it to go through the Dept. of Public Safety, which is like our State Police, or State FBI, here in Texas. I have heard of the thorough process they go through before they issue you a CCL.

We have enough damn laws as it is. They should enforce the ones we have.

10. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

After todays bombing in Boston not suprised if NY will require back ground checks to buy gunpowder to reload.

11. dhip

dhip Active Member

HIPA is the problem.The privacy act has made it so nothing from an individuals medical record can be made availiable.We run into that even so simple as on a School Bus run.The school is not allowed to divulge medical conditons of students.So,if a student has a reaction,as a driver you have NO clue,is it drugs,is it a reaction from a bee sting,etc. etc. NOW,magnify that a hundred fold for all the people who may have mental conditons,depressions,etc.Dr.'s are not allowed to release this info.INSTEAD of gun control,we need regulations allowing doctors and medical advisors to release certain information to specific government areas.(data bank)BUT,allas,even some of us get panicky if a doctor asks if you own guns,well if you can't answer that,then how in the world is a doctor supposed to release info from anyone who is mental.It's a fine line,but I personally would be in more favor of releasing mental issues to an kind of a data storage bank where officials could cross reference it with a purchase of a gun.Somehow a redflag should go up if there's a mental issue,so as to create more investigation if a red flag goes up.I know it would be slow,but,better to stop it at the real problem instead of gun restrictions for all.

Doug H.(pa)

12. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

dhip Perhaps you haven`t of the resent incident in NAZI NEW YORK , where a mans pistol permit was revoked because of a doctors report about someone with the same name.
    After he hired a lawyer, the state SS, said oops wrong guy, wrong county.

Bye the bye how many are aware that any area up to 100 miles distance from any US. border is now considerd a constitution free zone? Check it out, then tell me how the government should be able to pass more restrictions on our rights.

Tommy Terex

13. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

"Did not need verification. I think anyone who would allow free access, and buy firearms for Adam Lanza, after all of the different facts are out of his mental illness, and tendencies, could not be in a right state of mind, in my opinion." Stl.Flynn

And this is also why you're a dumbass. So where IS the line drawn where one IS responsible for THEIR actions?

14. Stl Flyn

Nice. Who's the dumbass? LOSER!

She took responsibility for her actions didn't she.

Why don't you get lost like your brother Galt. He's probably looking for you.
    stlflyn_2010_0704273.jpg

15. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Stl, is that the best language you can use on here?

GneJ

16. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Ever wonder why the old man rolled and let them have the house and 300k a year in alimony?

Answer: he knew they were both kooks.

And think about the fact she was a substitute teacher. teachers have to go through all kinds of backround checks too which also shows background checks mean shit in the "present". they only tip off prior behavior on record.

Its good to know that her local bar "retired" her bar stool though. Seems like she was quite the "Norm" in her town too. Maybe she should have been looking after her mentally deranged kid she buys an AR, 4 pistols, and at least one shotgun for along with a bunch of 30rd mags and thousands of rounds of bullets, and a tactical vest plus TV, computer, and COD running 24-7 in the kid's bedroom.

AND no one in the media even thinks about bringing that shit up. Just the black gun he "supposedly" used.

F'n joke like I've been saying for weeks.

17. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Bruce Journey,the system you suggest is so ripe for abuse by anti-gun professionals it is worthless.

Darr

18. JT 27

JT 27 Member

There should be a background check on our politicians!

19. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Flynnie Pooh's response to my statement shows the intelligence level of dumbocrats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.