1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Those Guerini's are not for the recoil sissy's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jdsfarms, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Those Guerini

I have shot three Guerini shotguns now all trap models 1 O/U and 2 unsingles and I thought all three kicked like a mule anyone else have this experience?

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I thought the recoil was fine. It more than likely is the way the gun fits you.

3. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

Mine is fine, keep it tight

4. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

I agree with goose2. It is how well (or poorly) the gun fits OR the shooting form (gun mount, stance, body posture) you are using that is responsible for the objectionable felt recoil.

Rollin

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Right...must be a bad fit between you and the gun.

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Very soft, the gun is not fitting you.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rube Goldberg comes to mind!

Curt

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summet trap and 2 sporting CG. No recoil problem. They are one of the softest shooting recoil guns I have.
    You have to get the gun to fit you well.

9. jdsfarms

Could be fit the rib is higher than my DT-10 and I have a more heads up position shooting one,but the recoil seemed sharp.Jerry

10. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Not really. Put factory reducer in butt stock and add small strip of lead between barrel were forearm goes on. It will balance out the gun with very little recoil. Factory release triggers are excellent and high rib a pleasure to shoot.

11. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

I had the exact opposite impression after shooting my new Summit top single, kicks a lot less than my Beretta.
    John

12. jdsfarms

Took one out to the practice trap Summit 34" unsingle along with an SKB 85tss 34" unsingle,six of us shot them both none of us shoot either one.2 shoot Beretta's 3 shoot perazzi's and one shoots a k80.Sorry guys that thing kicks the SKB shot way softer.Jerry

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

CG owners often think they are the brightest of any group of people.
    They found a gun with fancy engraving and good wood and it doesnt kick and guess what? Its inexpensive

Geez as they pat themselves on the back they say--- man am I smart to have made this discovery

regards from Iowa

Gene

14. al3526

al3526 TS Member

as soft as the k-80s i have shot and softer than my skb 85tss. i luv it. al

15. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have no dog in this race but I had a old SKB o/u im and full and thought it shot ok not soft but not a hammer either. I was shooting it one day and a friend said lets see if my unsingle SKB barrel will fit your gun and it dropped right on and my gunsmith said it had proper head space so I could shoot it. It of course had the bigger bore barrel and my old barrels were standard bores and after shooting them back to back I could not believe the difference my old gun kicked much harder I never thought my old barrels were kickers but back to back was a eye opener for me I sold the gun shortly afterward. So is the CG a bigger bore gun because it makes a big difference for me same with Beretta with the optima barrels I have one of each and the Optima is softer shooting.

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Gun weight is a key comparison in resistance to recoil. The direct recoil against your shoulder is contingent on pitch, width of the recoil pad and the composition of the pad. It's an individual thing. I've shot CG's that kicked the snot of me, and I've shot some that didn't. I have a 3 barrel combo. The 20 ga. kicked. Changed the pitch, added a Kick eez. No problem, fixed it. Got more of the pad on my shoulder.

What does CG weigh? What does a K-80 weigh? What does a P-gun weigh? When we know this, we can talk.

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I agree with Gene---K-guns are the softest---I have tried them all---K-gun weight 8 lbs---Don't need any recoil reduction---Just mount and shoot---sjb---

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The softest is a 391 that weight 12 lbs with a recoil reducer....

But... if it don't fit perfectly, it's still going to bite.

19. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Those Guerini

My CG unsingle 34" is a soft shooting blaster,weighs 9#2oz.Gun fit is everything.If it don`t fit it aint worth a ....!! breakemall Mark.

20. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have owned a SKB unsingle, A Beretta Unsingle, A Browning unsingle, A CG unsingle and now a Kolar Max T/A. Of coarse the Kolar is the softest shooter out of the ones I have owned and the CG was next in line. It isn't about this gun being a softer shooter than the other, It's about how a gun fits you and of coarse the weight has something to do with that also.
    I know a lady who has a new Blaser and that thing kicked the hell out of her until she had a recoil reducer installed. Go figure.
    You must be on crack if you think a gun is no good if it kicks. It only means it isn't wright for you.If they can be made to fit they can be made a softer shooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

recoil sissy