1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thompson Center

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FalconSprint, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Will the G2 Contender barrels fit the old style, early Contender actions?

2. Beni

Beni Member

yes they will but will not work on the encore.

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

All contender barrels are supposed to interchange but I've found that some don't fit all frames (contender/G2) without a little judicious filing. Forends definitely don't fit all frames interchangeably as the hinge point has changed over the years and wood has to be removed on the earlier ones to clear the bottom of the frame. I think the armor-somethingorother finish frames did not fit blue barrels either or vice versa.

I have barrels from the first to the latest and both an original as well as a G2 frame and even though the manufacturing is top notch, all don't freely interchange.

Maybe I'm the exception

4. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Thanks for the replys. The wood I'm not worried about, I have a couple extra forearms, I'll make one work. I found a guy wanting to sell a 14 inch .22 Hornet heavy barrel, no sights, no scope, but has the scope base and T/C rings. It's from from a G2. He wants 150 for it which I think is a good price. My new groundhog smasher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.