1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thompson Center Muzzle Loader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by steele, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

I just bought a new T/C Encore/Endeavor 50 cal muzzleloader. I noticed when I opened it several times, there was a slight "score/scratch" on the barrel, near the reciever, obviously from rubbing against the inside of the reciever. I contacted T/C, which is now owned by Smith & Wesson. The CSR I spoke to said that is not an issue, as it has nothing to due with the function of the rifle, and will ultimately happen anyway, due to wear. I just don't like the 1" long "cresent" shape scratch, on a new gun. Has anyone else seen this? He wants me to send a pic, to determine if they will take care of it.
    Butch from Pgh

2. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

TC / Smith & Wesson has been a lot less than cooperative on any and all muzzleloader repairs, warranty or not, in the last couple of years. Over priced, undervalued and a glut on the matket.
    Mark

3. guthooked

guthooked Member

Butch
    Mine is like that to with only about 10 shots on it. You can't notice it with the action closed.
    You fixin on taking it elk hunting?
    John S

4. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Must have a bir somewhere, Local gunsmith might assist.Good gun, If you purchased this gun from a comptent retailer you should be returning it to them.
    Good Luck !! This is a good gun ! Check out Blackhorn Powder & Harvester Bullets.

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.