1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thompson 1927 is it legal?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ks5shooter, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Is the Thompson 1927 .45 legal in NJ with 10 round clip?Any help appreciated thanks Don

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

you probably need a class 3 stamp from the feds. Just like silencers/suppressors.

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

is this country you can allmost buy anything.

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

In Chicago here you would have to have that inspected personally by Mayor Douchebag...I mean Mayor Dildo....I mean Mayor Dumb***....oh yeah Daley.

Forrest

5. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

uuuuuup!

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

You will NEVER get a Class 3 license AND a permit for New Jersy (assuming you need one for this weapon). The BATF is part of the Treasury Dept. and the outgoing Sectretary of the Treasury, Bill Simon couldn't. So he made his residence elsewhere and placed his company, dealing in Pacific rim companies elsewhere, denying New Jersy million of dollars in tax revenue.

Now Mr Simon and his collection of automatic weapons was certainly no threat to anyone in the Garden State but the powers that be made their point and New Jersey suffered a revenuie loss and well as the loss of jobs Mr. Simons' company would have brought.

7. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

This ia semi -auto version of this firearm.thanks Don

8. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Semi-auto you should be fine.

They sell them all over the place in that config.

Don't know about the magazine and your state may have limits.

9. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

The thompson is legal in N.J., but the barrel has to be a certain length. The magazine has to be welded, so it can not be able to load more then ten rounds.An it has to be semi auto.The barrel length is much longer then the original length.
    Hank Wilson

10. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Hank, I don't think the 10 round limit applies anymore, but you're right about the barrel length. I believe the drum magazine is still legal as long as the gun is strictly semi-auto, but I don't profess to be an expert on this gun.

11. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Mr. Simon re-located his company from an anti-gun state. Wish more gun related and other companies would do the same. Why furnish revenue to a state or local government that is working against our Second Amendment rights anyway?...Bill

12. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

Don.....Is the "1927 Carbine" in question one manufactured by Colt or a modern reproduction with a 16" barrel manufactured by Numrich or Kahr?

Jere

13. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

If I remember correctly, there are two different 1927 Thompsons. The recent one, with the abnormally-long barrel, is the 1927A1, and it is definitely a semi-auto weapon only.

There was an original 1927, however, marketed as a semi-auto, which differed from the selective-fire versions only in some minor internal parts and which is readily converted to selective-fire. Its barrel is short enough to bring the NFA into play by itself, though, so its convertability is less significant.

Suffice it to say that if you're asking about an original 1927, fugeddaboutit.

Tony

14. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_submachine_gun#Persuader_and_Annihilator

The first, and REAL Model 1927's could be converted to full auto by using parts from the 1921's. The latest versions just used that number because it sounded neat.

Check out the address above. All kind of models from the first 1919.

AJ100

15. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I don't know about NJ. and the modern 1927A1.

But I'm pretty sure you ain't NEVER going to have one of these in that state. LOL

Sexy little thing isn't it?

AJ100

16. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Or this one. See, there ARE other firearms out there besides our trap guns.

To the libs, there is NO difference.

AJ100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

legal 1927 thompsom

thompson 1927 nj legal