Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

This will make you feel good!

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  revbook 
#1 ·
In all the gloom and doom today here is a true story that just has to make you smile. Friend of mine and I have started hunting ducks with hammer damascus guns. I was in an antique shop last week and there were five Winchester 12ga brass hulls on the shelf. I said I would take them all and would like to have more. Store owner said he had some more in the back. He went back, found a cardboard box with a full origional box of 25 hulls, some Alcan primers, and some assorted fiber wads. I took them all. Now the good part. I'm 65 and in the mid sixties, I worked for an old gunsmith that I dearly loved. He was like a grandfather that I never had. When I took the box to the car and turned it to sit on the back seat, there in an old script that I will never forget, even after almost fifty years, was the old man's name! Without a doubt written by by his hand! I told my wife that if he can know what I'm up to he is smiling big time that I have these and am returning them to service! You would have a hard time imagining what I feel when I hold that old brass in my hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.