1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This will make you cry

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grl, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grl

grl Member

The sheriff's dept had a gun buyback, $100 for any gun brought in. In talking to one of the guys that ran it, among others an OLD model 42 Winchester that looked like it had never been shot, a pristine 1930's something Henry, and a highly engraved side opening shotgun with gold filling in the engraving (?). The guy was crying as he chopped them up......

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

In my area years ago a mother was being pulled by the arm by her daughter to a gun by back. She had 2 shoe boxes that had Broomhandles, Colts, Smith's and so on. These guns I would say were from the war and gthe 50's. They all were in great shape. It was the daughter who wanted them distroyed not the mother. The mother wanted them put in a museum by asking if they could be put in one.

Another guy had a blue S+W box in great shape. I told him that I was there to tell people what they had. He opened the box and it had a bull dog in near a 100% condition. I told him that he had something that was well worth over $1000.00. He looked at me and slamed the top closed and sadi He is giving to the cause. Walked in and dropped it on the table. What a waste and a shame.

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Selling them through legitimate channels would have earned a lot of money for the department which taxpayers would not have to pay. The problem is that they start from the premise that all guns are evil and should be destroyed. That stupidity allows them to do such foolish things.

Hey, they could have used the money to take expensive trips to Las Vagas the same way certain police departments have used the proceeds from the auction of seized cars and other confiscated cash.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I don't buy it....

Betting they end up in private collections or sold for value...

5. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

I watched a public servant put the torch to several very nice guns including a pre-64 model 94, a Sako finnbear and Winchester 21. He had no idea what they were. Typical of many public sector employees. If they had brains they would be dangerous.

6. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

This should get into the local news.

Local Goverment could save taxpayer dollars by doing the right thing

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

What a shame.

I remember seeing a video from the U.K, and one of the guns they carelessly tossed into the bin for destruction was a Browning Medalist -- a beautiful pistol which I lusted over since I was a kid. What a shame.

The more the government gets involved in our lives, the more negative impacts we feel. Get used to it, because neither party is on our side anymore.

-Gary

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

PS: I saved this one from the saw, LOL...

gw22_2008_030322.jpg

Imagine some moron cutting up this pistol to make the world safer.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

NICE!!! Gary. I love the forearm.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Thanks Matt. I'm thinking about converting it to a beavertail :p

-Gary

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

When NY and Chicago put a ban on guns I remember seeing a film of how they got rid of them. They were on a boat and throwing them in the lake and or river. By arm fulls or shovel. What a shame.

12. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

13. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Too bad there are hot or stolen guns to deal with, A club could pool its money and offer a buy back program. Most clubs have 1 or 2 dealers as members.

Just a thought.

Jerry Lewis

14. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

As far as I am concerned, gun buy backs are illegal. Those involved should be charged! None of us could just set up tables and say "$100 per gun, no questions asked". They dont even check to see if the guns are stolen before they are destroyed. The owners that they were stolen from do not get them back and that is PLAIN WRONG!!!!!!!

15. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

AND YET gun owners will still support liberal politicians!!!!!!!

Because of party!!

So my question is, Who is more idiotic ?????????????????

16. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I saw a video of them cutting up beautiful guns when they outlawed them in Australia it's insane

They were using a chop saw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.