1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

* This weeks SPECIAL!* Beretta Gold E Combo*

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bob Schultz, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Here is a really nice BERETTA 682 Gold E Top Single combo. I would rate it at 97-98%. There is one small (not deep) scratch in the comb wood. Metal is perfect with super clean bores. Adjustable comb and pad. Pull triggers. All the choke tubes (Optima), the case and accessories that came with the gun new are included. Price is $2875.00 including shipping to the lower 48 States.

Thanks for looking!

Bob Schultz - Target Shotguns 800-684-6329

2. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I listed this gun previously and the buyer had to back out of the deal for financial reasons. This is a really nice combo set and has been shot relatively little. I'll post some more photos soon. Thanks for looking. Bob Schultz

3. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Inside receiver...

4. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

All the stuff....

5. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

30" O/U and 34" top single ... sorry for the omission.

Bob

6. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

Bob, can this gun be changed to "double release"? If so, how much for the conversion. Tom

7. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Tom,

Yes, double releases are not difficult on Beretta's. Allem's of PA can do them as can Phillip Crenwelge of Phillip's Gunsmithing. My guess would be around $500 for the job. I have used both of these gunsmiths and they are reputable and build a good release.

Bob

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bob and Tom,

Allems charges $500 EACH for their Roller Release triggers - but I have them and can tell you they are worth the extra money. They are smooth, crisp and can be sped up or slowed down simply changing roller sizes and converted back to good pull triggers just by removing the rollers. Either job only takes a few minutes and a screwdriver.

Ed

9. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Part of the cost involved in release triggers, aside from the painstaking work and precision needed to build a good one, is the liability insurance! Installing what amounts to a "dead man" switch on a firearm is, in the eyes of the insurance industry, potentially a disaster. Premiums for building releases can be in the tens of thousands of dollars annually. Our litigious society would have a field day suing everyone down the line who has an accident with a release trigger. Fortunately there are very few problems.

Bob Schultz

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jack, aside from the liability aspect that Bob mentioned, you have to be willing to pay for the ingenuity, imagination and development time that goes into inventing a better mousetrap. Like his father, John Allem Jr. is propably one of the brightest gunsmiths in the country and his Roller Release trigger is an improvement over the former method of making release triggers.

The Allems have come up with a lot of equally inventive things over the years. When Krieghoff released the K-80 with its unsingle barrel 30 years ago, Perazzi buffs were left out of the latest craze. John Allem Sr. fitted Krieghoff barrel tubes into Perazzi monoblocs and made his own Perazzi-style adjustable ribs for them. If you wanted a Perazzi unsingle before Perazzi decided they were worth building, you bought it from John Allem and paid his asking price.

If you wanted an unsingle barrel for your Model 32 with a Vandalia rib, you were out of luck because K-80 unsingles were ribbed for the lower K-80 rib. But John Allem made his own M-32 unsingles that were Vandalia rib-compatible. And the list goes on.

You know, we all could shoot just about as well with an 870 or 1100, so why do we bother spending thousands more for even a Beretta or Browning, let alone a Kolar, Krieghoff or Perazzi? But it's just like a trapshooter to complain about something like that. I laugh when I see shooters who arrived at the shoot in a six-figure motor home and shoot a $20,000 gun use cheap imported shells and complain about how much even THEY cost!

Ed

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Actually my initial comment is pointed towards the $500 that Ed mentioneed. If I were ordeirng a release from Allem's I would certainly pop for the "Roller Release" type. For one simple reason. They are adjustable for speed. Adn as most experienced release shooters know tryin to switch from a quick release to a slow release is about 5000 targets of lower scores. On the otehr hand a new recruit to releases cna adapt to either. Hence, used Allems (et all) are a very good value. Allems, bowen's, Hubbart's, Phil Crenledge, Darrel Johnson, Allor, and most of the otehrs. I cannot wait to try out a CG release.

I stand by the laibility comment but certainly agree that a Allems type of company needs laibility umbrella. Adn too, No one ever accused me of suggesting profit was out of order. Big fan of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.