1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This sucks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

The hottest product in the US today is the Apple IPOD. I just bought one. MADE and assembled in CHINA. That sucks.

2. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

You actually sound astonished?

3. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

there ought to be a law against that, seriously. NAFTA, global economy, free trade. My kid, the 21 year old with a trade school welding degree, (working as a part-time busboy) would love to work in an Apple plant making the Ipods.

Sucks, is right.

4. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

Sportshot, I'm sorry your son is underemployed, but I doubt they let a welding torch near an ipod during the manufacturing process -- maybe a soldering iron. Much of what they do is either automated (robotic assembly) or dirt cheap (by American standards) assembly line activity.

The issue is, Americans want cheap ipods, iphones, televisions, cars, etc., but want full employment of US workers at high hourly wages, when others overseas are willing to do assembly line work for next to nothing. Be willing to pay the higher prices for goods, slap huge tariffs on a plethora of manufactured goods, and Americans will be stuck with the high prices, do without, or buy on the black market. Alternatively, you can have what we have today: cheap manufactured products from overseas, little work for the lower skill market and higher unemployment. As long as the vast majority are employed and are in the middle class, that majority seems to opt for the cheap goods. That's my analysis. Not saying that's a *good* choice, but I don't think you can have the high manufacturing wages *AND* the low prices.

OK, I'll shut up and go back to dreaming of broken birds and Perazzi shotguns.

-- Mark

5. EE

EE Banned User Banned

As long as people like Earl whine about it, but keep right on buying them, it will only get worse. Yeah it sucks, but not so bad he didn't buy it.

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

smsnyder has ruined our country.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Consider this... I'm about to replace my Canadian-made Chevy piece of crap with a Mexican-made Ford, all the while my wife is driving a new Toyota made in Indiana by Americans. Nice job, UAW!

-Gary

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

China, well the tide is turning and some in China are on strike for higher wages. Honda parts is shut down which has caused production to stop.

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yeah, Chinese workers are now demanding current GM new hire wages.....

10. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

As Odumbass says, the Chinese are doing jobs Americans wont do, yaeh right!...bill

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The people of China are trying to get the Illegals to move there so they can get a little needed time off and to be able to get away from the daily grind ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. atashooter

atashooter Member

GilliganJap.jpg

" You dumb Amelicans, You keep buy my crap. I make million from you."

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

ms_yuan

"The issue is, Americans want cheap ipods, iphones, televisions, cars, etc., but want full employment of US workers at high hourly wages, when others overseas are willing to do assembly line work for next to nothing."

Oh absolutely blame the American worker for his own demise don't blame the manufacturer that lobbied for NAFTA and got themselves higher profits in bargain.

Of course the Unions didn't have anything to do with it either. Just don't forget they traditionally support all the Liberal democrats policies. This one wasn't any different. I think that blaming the American worker for the failure of their own jobs is counter productive.

Besides when was the last time you bought a Electronics product that was made in the USA???? Or a small appliance for that matter????

Bob Lawless

14. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

atashooter....That was funny!!!!

15. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

At the Foxconn manufacturing plant in China, they have a suicide problem. Many workers have jumped off of buildings there and used other means to kill themselves. I guess morale is a problem. They just gave a raise to most of the workers to see if that helps. The Foxconn Plant is where the majority of this stuff is manufacturered. This is where the iPhone is made, among other things.

16. Borderland

Borderland Member

I am just waiting for the Chinese to make a high quality- but cheap clone of the new Perazzi TM9X ...after I get mine I am all for banning them of course.

Ken

17. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Coming soon to your favorite Gun Dealer .... the all new Kleegoff and Pellazzi shotguns!

18. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Borderland

Give it a little time. When Perazzi finds out how cheap they can make one and still sell it at the same price.

Rock

Jim

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Remember when Browning went to Japan---Wonder why???and Japan makes them pretty good---sjb---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.