1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THIS SITE IS LIKE THE OLD NEIGHBORHOOD!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    it's sunday morning can't sleep. started thinking what i like about this site. reminds me of my old neighborhood. it doesn't take long on this site to figure out who the sick, the lame, and the lazy are, or the good, the bad, and the ugly for that matter. we have all kinds of people on this site. we have the good guys, the not so good guys, we have the helpful guys, the not so helpful guys. we also have the "tell it the way it is guys" too. the tell it the way it is guys are the same guys who would go to a funeral and spit in the coffin and then tell the wife of the deceased that they never liked their husband, thought he was a A hole, and was glad he was dead. i guess it takes all kinds to make a neighborhood, and a computer site. you also have the not so nice wanabees. they wait for a not so nice guy to zing someone, than they say,"so and so, i agree with you, 100 percent"! these same guys are like wally cox the actor in real life. afraid of their shadow, but stay close to the neighborhood bullies. like i said it takes all kinds to make up a neighborhood. maybe this is what i like about this site.

next topic:
    do you know when a gun is in really bad shape? when you go to cabella's or gander mountain and they are willing to take $100.00 off the list price of a gun! it doesn't happen that often but it happened to me last night. i sometimes wonder where they get these guys that can make you an offer, what they will pay to take your gun in on trade in? before they hire these guys they must ask them if they are able to make low ball offers with a straight face without laughing? do you have keen eyesight, that you can pick up a sellers gun flaws under 10 power microscope with the naked eye? but in return, once you purchase that gun you can not see any flaws short of the stock being broken in 4 single pieces. cabella's last night had a remington 870 tb with rust, pit holes, the blueing off etc. when i asked the guy in charge if i could get money off the purchase of this gun, due to it's poor condition, he looks at it with a straight face and says" why, what is wrong with the gun"? i told him rust and pit holes is something on a gun most shooters don't like. he said it doesn't make the gun shoot bad. made me wonder how much did they offer the original owner for this gun, $1.25? he takes the gun in his office with the door open, looks at books, uses the adding machine, taLKS TO 2 OTHER GUYS AND THEN COMES OUT AND SAYS in a low voice " i will take $100.00 off the list price because i am in a good mood tonight. this guy could easily sell used desotos back in the 50's. you know the guys with the white pat boone shoes, red checkerd pants, white belts and wrap around sun glasses so dark, you's swear you were dealing with ray charles. he than says, i will take off $100.00 under one condition, " that i make you a VIP customer. i start feeling good about myself, thinking he is giving me VIP STATUS. HE TAKES ME TO A DIFFERENT COUNTER AND SAYS FILL OUT THESE FORMS THAN COMEBACK TO THE GUN ROOM TO FINISH THE TRANSACTION. i start filling out this form, they are asking for my gross income, how long have i been at my last job etc. i ask the guy why do i have to fill this form out? the other guy said he's making me a VIP CUSTOMER? he tried not to laugh and said" you are filling out an application for a cabella's visa credit card. i said what? he said the only way he will take $100.00 off that gun is if you fill this form out and pay for the gun with this credit card. i told him, i was told he'd make me a vip customer. when i asked him what that was he said we invite vip customers to the store after hours to get big savings on special items. no mentiion of having to pay with a new credit card. i asked him what the interest rate was on this card? sheepishly, he lowers his voice, and gets real close to me and mumbles the rate to me. I SAID ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY? i said cancell the credit card, cancell the transaction. i didn't walk out of this place, i ran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    steve balistreri

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Smoke.

You would have been or possibly be the best stand up comedian ever.

Way better than Conan re- runs.

Regards....Gerald

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I get the idea from your post that when a person dies they all of a sudden become good people, if you didn't care for them while they were alive why would that all of a sudden change ..? Spitting in a Coffin would be uncalled for because the only one who would get any satisfaction out of it would be the person doing the spitting, but I have to ask myself if I would even go to a persons funeral if I didn't like them in the first place ... As for telling the wife, she probably already knows what a certain person thinks about her husband because her husband probably told her how he feels about that person at one time or another ... I have yet to attend any persons Funeral that I did not care for in life, and I'm sure they knew I wouldn't be there well in advance ... Tell it like you think (feel) it is, and call them as you see them and you won't be wrong most of the time ... Works for me, don't ask me if you don't want to know ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Steve, you need help! You're beginning to believe your own stories.

BB

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

BB:
    will ask my doctor to increase my meds.
    steve

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Ehh YO Pawlie!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.