1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This site amazes me sometimes...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiwiG, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

...It doesn't matter how obscure the gun is that you want to buy, if you ask here the first poster will say "I used to have one and I'm pretty sure it had..." The next poster will say "My Dad had one one and it actually..." and the next poster will say " I've just taken one out of my safe and it is in my hands now and it definately has..." As a lexicon of trap gun knowledge this site is darned hard to beat. Kudos-Graham.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Graham. Your note is warming. Thanks

Jack

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

K1W1, (assuming you are from NZ) have you had to turn in your guns in NZ as they did in Australia?

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

MIA, do you get much sleep? 4:57 AM.

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

K1W1 is not the same as KIWI, but who knows?

Eric

6. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Frank, Here in New Zealand firearm owners don't fare too badly comparatively speaking. Handguns and Military Style Semi-Automatics are heavily legislated to make ownership almost prohibitively difficult but Joe Average with a 10/22 for rabbits, an 1100 for ducks, a bolt action .270 for deer and a couple of 12g u/o's for clays is going to be untroubled but for the 10 yearly (I think) renewing of their Firearms Licence. Anyone with nothing to hide has nothing to worry about. Long may it continue to be so. Kind Regards-Graham.

7. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Keep those ideas in New Zealand. PLEASE

We have too many supposedly gun friendly folks here.

8. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi noknock1, I had mine renewed 1-2 years ago. I was interviewed in my own home (not by a currently serving police-person, nor by a medical practitioner of any description)...the interview lasted maybe 20min-1/2hour then my wife was interviewed (her interview actually lasted longer...both interviews were conducted privately, and I guess if she had expressed any concerns about me as a firearm owner things might have got trickier), then the interviewer inspected my storage facilities and it was up to me whether I allowed the person to note the serial numbers of my firearms. I suppose it might be easy to climb onto the 'invasion of privacy' hobby horse, but I didn't see a problem...as an aside, I rang the police firearms office when I sold a couple of guns, but they showed no interest in updating the serial number file. I can't remember how much it cost but $50-$100 I guess. Cheers-Graham.

9. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

It amazes me the difference in the ideas of freedom.

10. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

They wouldn't get down my driveway, let alone my gun room. Screw them, that's what the constitution guarantees us. Yea USA BRGII

11. 50calshooter

50calshooter TS Member

With BamBam in office and bumcots in control we can problay look forward to them poeple with the arm bans sayin UN to knock on our doors here soon. After the next election in 1 1/2 years if they stay in power they will not be afraid to change our constution. Vote and speek out and spend money or our rights will be worse than that.

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Subject: This site amazes me sometimes...
    Email:
    Date: Sun, Jun 21, 2009 - 08:34 AM ET
    Website Address:

It amazes me the difference in the ideas of freedom.

Leadman, yes it is amazing when you have LESS freedoms, you will come to ACCEPT it as normal,,,,Now as OUR freedoms are taken away,,,,when will we just accept it and throw up our hands and say, "Well it is better than ___________." and just go on with life????

13. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

I knew New Zealand was full of sheep, but I didn't know there were so many sheeple there too. How sad.

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

That Government is best that governs least.

Pat Ireland

quote from Mr. Jefferson

15. WWB

WWB Member

Pat
    Old T.J. also said......"The only thing the Federal Gov't should be involved in is watching the coast and carrying the mail!!" He was correct!
    Bill

16. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

It is not the OP's fault just how they accept shackles of life. The elephant can be trained to not run away from tying them to a tree with chains after a while you can just use a small rope. It is conditioning of the worst kind.

To answer your question I will never just roll over and play dead until I am dead.

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Funny how those who violate the "shall not be infringed" wording want to make us the lawbreakers.

War is peace.

Love is hate.

Black is White.

Big Brother loves you.

HM

18. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

In Italy.. a gun permit is a process... First you see the shrink..who did not speak English.. He called the Vet next door to the gunshop and asked him about me.. For 50 Euro.. which he pocketed.. and a BOLO stamp for 14.66 Euro.. I had a piece of the pie.. Then I had to get a check up for an additional 30 Euro.. which the doctor asked me how I felt..and asked me to read an eye chart..
    With those documents in hand..I had to bring the sealed papers to the local police,(my friends).. who added there notes and sent it to Rome.. 3 months later the paperwork came back.. Then I had to go to the police range and demonstrate I could safely shoot.. I used a pistol even though I was there for a shotgun permit..
    Having passed the testing.. I returned back to the local police with my shotgun for them to take the serial numbers..which went in the book.. and they finished the permit..and allowed me a wopping 500 shells allowance for ammo at home.. You can buy in bulk.. but it must be kept at the gun club ammo depot.. You can only have 2 flats (250 per flat).. total ammo in shot sizes smaller than #6 (they claim that a large allowance for trap shooters)..
    Every year I must report to the local police with my gun..to show them I still have it.. and redo the paper work for an additional 14.66 Euro...
    Every 5 years you must go to their shooting range and prove you can still safely shoot a firearm...
    When you think you have it bad here.. think of over there.. Military calibers are not allowed in the public population.. No 223/308/9mm/45/7.62X39 and maybe a few others... So.. the 45 ACP becomes a 460 Rowland..The 9mm becomes a 9X21 and I don't know about the 40 S&W.. but that can become a 10mm mag.. Funny part about all of that.. is in a 1911.. the original shells will still work fine..maybe just not as accurate...

19. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If you want to retire on a street that looks like this.. you'd be interested..

20. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I didn't know they let you out.. You'd be amazed at how many trapshooters on this board go there..plan to stay with me.. go shooting over there.. and do have an interest.. Then again.. you don't travel in those circles so you would't know.. Now.. get back in your hole..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.