1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This REALLY Bites!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bill1949, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The above website is the Messiah's vision for another so called "Assault Weapons Ban" , but is muc worse than the last one...Bill
  2. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Jan 29, 1998

Let's send this back up. In time we are going to see the AWB come back up and yes, it will be worse than the last time. As we all know the AWB does not affect the criminal it affects the good, law abiding, tax paying citizen.

This is very much an individual decision. If the AWB does come back up and it may be awhile, each person will need to decide if they want to be a criminal. Each person will need to decide how, as an individual, you will respond to a government that takes away your rights to protection. In police work we talked about the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. I believe the spirit of the law, in regards to the 2nd Amendment was for each individual to have the right to keep, as in NOT to be taken away, and bear arms, as in carry for protection. The part that really "grinds" on me is our liberal political and news media can not understand the verbage "shall not be infringed".

For me the government is in violation of the U.S. Constitution with all of the laws on the books regarding guns. "shall not be infringed" is not difficult to understand unless you don't like what it actually means. As individuals we will need to make a personal decision.

The liberal political agenda and the news media believe the good law abiding citizen is expendable. Protection must be afforded to the criminal element and to that logic I do not comprehend. Why else would our government want to take away/ammend/limit, the 2nd Amendment? Perhaps the liberals and news media want to change the USA from a democratic government?

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    The President and some of his cabinet officials are clearly not 2nd Amendment supporters. And, in time, they may try to restrict 2nd Amendment rights in some ways.
    That said, it seems to me that posting misleading items and links on this website is not at all helpful. The link above is to a bill introduced by Carolyn McCarthy (no friend of the 2nd Amendment) in February 2007. On 3/19/2007 the bill was referred to the House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. No action since. To say or imply that it is President Obama's "...vision...' may or may not be correct. IMO, to place the link without any factual info about the bill is misleading.

As of this date no legislation has been submitted into either the House or the Senate that could be called 'gun control legislation'. I am not saying that it won't happen - merely that it hasn't.

The best place to track all the legislation in the current Congress (111th) and many past Congresses is www.thomas.gov .

Let's strive for accuracy here.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.