1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

This one broke the camels back-Gun Control

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Active Member

I see it comming soon. Ban on semi auto rifles and high capacity clips.
  2. 548

548 Well-Known Member

548_2008_030355.jpg

This is the image that will be all over the news for the next several days.
    It is a 223 Bushmaster, the exact weapon used in CT.
  3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Found in the car. The two pistols were registered to the shooters mother who also was killed.
  4. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Active Member

The News says...That Gun was Left in the CAR.Hand Guns used in this Horrific Crime.
  5. 548

548 Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard that yet. Thanks
  6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

This is the guilty party not that rifle.

grntitan_2009_2503435.jpg

Adam Lanza

"One officer said the gunman drove to the school in his mother’s car. He said two pistols were found inside the school, a Glock and a Sig Sauer, and that a .223-caliber rifle was found in the back of the car."
  7. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

The news that I heard had said he used a Glock and a Sig,both handguns.Interesting that Obummer gets re-elected and now all of a sudden we have these horrific mass slayings.Just what he needed to get his anti-gun agenda rolling.Makes you wonder doesn't it? I wouldn't put anything past him or the goverment.Thats how Hitler rationalized the taking of guns in Poland before he took over the country.It was to lower crime,I look for the same thing to transpire here.
  8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You are really stretching there michmoe.

He probably couldn't hide the .223 while trying to pass the front door. Makes one wonder how close he was to his victims. Most novice pistol shooters couldn't even hit themselves. He must have been close, very close.

Horrific.
  9. 548

548 Well-Known Member

I don't understand the use of body armor, which would suggest an intent to live or at least put up a fight, but then commit suicide before even being confronted by police.
  10. 548

548 Well-Known Member

Setterman, the entire incident took place in two classrooms. Based on the reporting I have seen.
  11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

Michmoe you took the words out of my mouth. Its strainge how things like this happen just on time for the ban. I wouldn't put it past Obama if he had it set up.
  12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

michmoe, are you suggesting another Fast and Furious type plot??? The thought passed my mind also. Bulge.
  13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Body armor?

Yeah, the same thing was reported about the Colorado movie shooter.

As many of us suspected, it was nothing more than a load bearing vest and that was confirmed a few days ago.

And initial reports said the Oregon mall shooter had body armor too. As it turns out he also had a load bearing vest.
  14. fast gun

fast gun Member

I cant for the life of me understend what kind of satisfaction this Idiot could get by taking his anger out on kids.I havent turned the news on I just dont want to see this Or hear all the talk about how we need more gon control Now lets see if costas talks more crap
  15. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Never let a crisis go to waste...
  16. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume this was a domestic situation that spilled over into a school. I wonder if he used his mom's ID to get in.

Does anyone get the sense that the kids were probably huddled in a corner, sitting ducks...following protocol? I heard on the news an announcement went over the PA, telling the students to "go to their cubbies." I don't even know what that means, but I suspect if it's true and it was all done with handguns, it just seems likely it was execution-style.

Like the airlines after 9-11, schools will have to rethink their protocols. Maybe "RUN LIKE HELL, JUST RUN" needs to be the new golden rule, instead of huddling up in some corner. If the classroom door has windows and an intruder can shoot their way in, then you either need solid doors...or you better run like hell, because I think Protocol might have played some contributory role in getting 20 kids killed today. No less a conservative outlet than NPR reported at least one teacher was reading stories to her class while this was going on. I highly suspect the reason more classes of kids didn't get wiped out was simply because the shooter snuffed himself before it occurred to him to do more.

Hard to imagine a worse day than this.
  17. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Setterman..If you think that is stretching then you are either terribly naive or you have your head in the sand! and yes this is one crisis you can bet won't go to waste!
  18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Yep, and GW planned the World Trade Center deal.
  19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

I can only imagine the pain those parents are going through, thos poor innocent ltlle children never knew the danger they were in, and this kid took their lives because he had an agenda on his mind, I just wish I could bring those little kids back, I cannot keep from crying myself, just imagine what those parents are going through, their kids were in school a supposedly safe place, looking forward to Christmas, everybody who reads this take a moment and pray for those kids and families that will grieve forever because of this piece of sh*t kid, so many lives are changed forever, may god bless those families and God Look over and watch over those children whose lives were taken away from them. I shed my tears for them as I write this.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  20. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Well said, Dr. L.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.