1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THIS NOVEMBER, LET'S STAND ON PRINCIPLE!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GW22, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

When it comes to Presidential elections, we must stand on principle -- specifically on single issues.

For example, I enjoy a beer now and then. So I staunchly defend Beer Rights. Romney on the other hand is mormon, and mormonism is against beer. So I'm sure Romney will try to ban it. He already banned beer in HIS house, so I'm certain that OUR homes are next.

I WILL NOT VOTE FOR A BEER BANNER! PERIOD!

YOU go ahead and vote for a filthy beer banner if you want to, but not me baby! I am a REAL AMERICAN and I'm morally and intellectually superior to you (cuz of my principles and mindless rigidity and stuff).

-Gary

[​IMG]

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

LOL

Good point- looks like I'm going to have to vote for Odummy since he likes beer.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Exactly. It's all about BEER BANNING. Pay no attention to those pesky upcoming Supreme Court Judge appointments or your grankids' futures being ruined by continued irresponsible spending and wide-open borders.

I WILL NOT VOTE FOR A BEER BANNER! PERIOD!

-Gary

4. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

...STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS......"run'em"

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

[​IMG]

"I don't vote against Republicans often, but when I do it's because they're trying to ban my damn beer."

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    GW22, stay stupid, my friend.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm as stupid as your lovely, sensible wife ;)

-Gary

[​IMG]

8. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Brian is really getting paranoid if he's offended by this funny thread. Calling GW22 stupid for this thread is way over the top. Grow a sense of humor please and get that bug outa your buttttt.

9. mbm5770

mbm5770 Member

REALLY...............?

10. Brian in Oregon

Uh, John, the "stay stupid, my friend" comeback quip was a twist on the beer commercial, which says, "stay thirsty, my friend".

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Nonetheless, I'm still offended and my little feelings remain quite hurt.

-Gary :(

12. Brian in Oregon

Uh huh, you have the audacity to say that after asking me if I beat my wife?

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm gonna go with yes.

-Gary

14. Brian in Oregon

Well, then he's made my "stay stupid my friend" comment more than humor.

Hypothetically speaking, since it's fair and funny to ask someone if they beat their wife, would it be fair and funny to ask in return if they molest children?

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

You don't say.

16. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Depends on if you are asking about theirs or yours?

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Brian:

Child molesting? Really?

This has gone way too far and I'd like to try calming you down - first with a few FACTS, and then with MY APOLOGY:

FACT 1) YOU first introduced your wife to the discussion - NOT ME. You confessed on my thread "WOMEN WILL DECIDE OUR FATE (AGAIN)" that your wife will vote for Romney. Knowing how much you hate the supposed gun banner Romney, I found this to be absolutely hilarious (sorry, but it was).

FACT 2) A few days later, on your thread entitled "Obama flushes the First Amendment" I JOKINGLY reminded you of your confession. I even said, "Thanks for being honest, I got quite a kick out of that." But instead of being a good sport, you launched into a lengthy tirade. Only then did I comment on your anger issues and JOKINGLY ask "Jeez. You don't beat your poor wife, do ya?" I even explicitly said that it was just a JOKE made IN JEST. I don't understand why you won't accept that it was just a joke (in poor taste perhaps, but nonetheless just a joke).

Anyway, since you're still upset about it 1-1/2 weeks later, let me say again that it was only a joke and I APOLOGIZE FOR ASKING IF YOU BEAT YOUR WIFE. Obviously I should not have said it, but we all make mistakes, and I would appreciate you accepting my apology.

Sincerely,

Gary

18. Brian in Oregon

Gary, what has me miffed more than anything is that a lot of people here who criticise liberals for their mean spirited personal attacks are doing it themselves to anyone here who won't vote how they dictate. The level of name calling and belittlement has reached the point of viciousness, and your 'beating your wife' attempt at humour was the frosting on the cake.

I want to make something clear, and I hope you and some of the others will actually carefully read what I'm writing.

Now that Romney is the nominee, I have not, and will not, suggest that others not vote for him.

I am not voting for him because I can no longer support a gun banner.

I have and will continue to point out Romney's flaws to those who are naive enough to claim he is something he's not, ESPECIALLY when I get attacked for exercising my freedom of choice in voting.

It is entirely fair to point out these flaws, because there are conservatives who are not voting for Romney. The issue is... How is Romney going to get them back into the fold? Name calling and vicious attacks is not going to convince anyone to see anything their way. It's counter-productive. Does anyone dispute that?

I have quite fairly pointed out that Romney needs to nominate someone either from or is friendly to the tea party, who is a real conservative, and he needs to throw a bone to disgruntled gun owners by nominating a pro-gunner. Especially when Romney keeps bragging about supporting a gun ban and not being in lock step with the NRA.

And believe it or not, I agree that Romney is the lesser of two evils. It's not that I want to see Romney win, but I would like to see Obama lose. Still doesn't mean I'm going to vote for Romney. I have just reached the breaking point after three and a half decades of voting for gun banners and lesser of two evils.

The real irony is that a lot of gun owners here are supporting a gun banner, yet they attack someone who is so pro-gun that he cannot support a gun banner, and they call him an anti-gunner. That level of illogic is something usually associated with liberals.

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Great, thanks. But hey, when you get this incredibly angry over a joke about beating your wife, it could make some people wonder if you actually DO beat your wife. So tell us, just for the record, HAVE you ever fed that disloyal Romney lover a big fat knuckle-sandwich?

-Gary

20. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I'll bet he swallows the hook...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.