Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

This MX8 went fast.....

5K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  vpr80 
#1 ·
link is above....

seller replied to my email and said about 1000 rounds was through the gun and has not been refinished....if true, this was a steal....gotta always keep an eye out on those deals

#30 ·
While there were no perfect scores (total event that is, there were a couple perfect parcours) there was a perfect 100x100 in the K Cup, and Jon Kruger shot a perfect 100x100 in the subgauge .410 event. Last I heard it was the first 100x100 in .410 sporting, at least @ Nationals, possibly in the history of NSCA.

#31 ·
I have seen about half of those shooters shoot in person over the years, and that was quite a few years ago. The same group dominates, I really wish more UK shooters would come over, Digweed, Faulds, Ben Hustewithe.

Bill McGuire set the targets at Kiowa Creek about 4 years ago for the Mile High Classic and it was the most miserable experience anybody ever had shooting sporting clays for a weekend. He was gunna show us Colorado boys what sum Texas Sized targets really looked like. (aspirin tablets)

That had a lot to do with the tournament ending two years ago. I can pound my head with a hammer at home for free, without having to pay $325 for a 200 bird event and a catered pulled pork dinner.

I am surprised to see Andy Duffy shooting a Browning 625. I know he was an MX8 Perazzi sponsored shooter for many years. And I am surprised not to see Jon Kruger on that list, especially after shooting 410 like that.

Skeeter is starting to sound a little defensive about his hoard of 34" perazzi's. Dude, who cares what you buy.

I still have several perazzi o/u's in 36" and 38" and even one 40" choked X-full and XXX-full. I am planning to sell them cheap on Gunbroker tomorrow, or the next day. keep yer head up, ok?

#32 ·
I wonder how many of the top shooters are "sponsored" and OBLIGATED to shoot a particular gun......I wonder how many would actually shoot the same brand/type of gun if they were not sponsored and had to shell out their own money.....

I say you would see many more 391s in the top 10!

#33 ·
Bangalore- Of that list, there are no more than 3 that aren't company/sponsored/team shooters (Lieske, Ribbs, and De Michiel). Those 3 might very well be as well, but I couldn't say for sure. All the others are listed on their respective companies websites as Pro Staff or equivalent, have spoken openly about their relationship with the company, or are know to be sponsored shooters.

Sportshot- Last I read, Duffy hadn't done anything major with his Perazzi in a while, so they cut him loose. IIRC, I read that something similar happened to Fowler w/ Blaser (who is now back to Browning and a 625) when he started teaching more and shooting less.

#34 ·
Thanks, Skeet_man...

Moral of the Story: Don't shoot what the "sponsored" shooters shoot because you think their guns are "superior." They shoot them because they are paid to do so.

Rather, look at what the NON-SPONSORED top shooters shoot to find out what the better guns/model are for competition....

By the way, skeet_man....do you know what the top non-sponsored shooters shoot or, what the top shooters shot BEFORE they were sponsored?

Radulovich won with a 391 before he got the free Blaser.....
Digweed shot 682s before he was given the Kemen and Perazzi...

#35 ·
Sportshot.....I am not meaning to sound defensive. This is all in fun I hope. I know nobody cares what I buy just like I don't care if someone doesn't like heavy 34" barrels. I'm going to buy them anyway. I'm just sitting here passing time away and enjoying reading stuff on TS just like everyone else. If you took me as being defensive I'm sorry. Just a hobby for me, that's the extent of it. I won't own any of these guns in 6 months anyway since I can't seem to keep anything longer than that. I don't get too attached.

#36 ·
Skeeter likes 34" barreled guns and it works for him....why would anyone care what he buys or shoots?? Seems to me some are envious he got a good deal....

34" game guns can be had from Perazzi HPX, in the UK. They don't have side ribs and are fixed choked, come with a slight step rib. Regarding Digweed using 34" barrels, I would assume he shot 34" barrels at one time because that's what he shot for his driven shoot game guns. I don't think he wanted to set a new trend with shooting 34" barrels just for the sake of shooting 34" barrels and creating a new "fad".

#37 ·
Guys, this will be my last post on this subject, but if I sounded defensive or 'bragging' I sure didn't mean to. I was just poking fun around. I'm not a rich man and I don't have a hoard of 34" Perazzis. I have had several...just sold one a few weeks ago...and just bought the two I talked about on here. That's all i have. I do look for them but you don't see them often for the very reasons many of you have stated. It was a passing trend in that many people tried them. Most of the people that shot them didn't like them. Some did and still do shoot them. Heck, Krieghoff doesn't even build a 34" sporting barrel any longer. Bottom line, I am not a gun 'collector'. I just buy stuff, shoot it for a while and then sell it and hopefully make a buck or two. I finance my shooting ths way. I love fine guns. I have been blessed enough to be able to buy a few now and then. I'm a lucky man. Again, sorry if I rubbed you fellas the wrong way.

I was going to add that a 32" K80 barrel with a tapered flat rib with choke tubes weighs in at 1.74 kg.

#38 ·
No worries, doubt anyone meant any hard feelings anyway. Good job on a great deal and enjoy it. If the market doesn't like 34" barrels and they work for you, then you are all set!

Funny you mentioned K80. I tried to shoot with a 32" pro-rib and had a really tough time with it. Just could get smooth and it felt so dull. Then I put it on a scale and it was like 1.76kg or something like that. At that moment, I realized that I needed a lighter weight barrel and went with Perazzi.

Just out of curiosity, do you recall the lightest weight 34" perazzi barrel that you've come across? Wonder if you can even get a 34" around 1.55-1.6kg without aftermarket mods.

#42 ·
Digweed dropping the 34" and other shooters who try it... has to do with more the style of which they shoot....i.e. swing thru versus pull away or sustained lesd ....more than anything else....Jamie Riggs?....havent heard that name in a while....what a tragedy...sweet girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.