1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This may be my dumbest ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I don't reload. I have a lot of flats of 1 oz/ 81/2 @1180-1185. They are from Federal, Winchester, & Federal. Just wondering do they all have the same perceived recoil. If you were going to a major shoot which brand would you shoot. I'm leaning to Winchester, so I can dump the hulls? Can't sell them.

Phil Berkowitz

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I would use the ones I have been practicing with. HMB

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Should have said, Gold Medals, AA's, & STS's

Phil Berkowitz

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Hi Phil. If they all have the same amount of shot, you might rank them by speed with the slowest having the least actual recoil. Actual speed and printed speed are two different things, so you still might not know the answer to your question. Perceived recoil is another question. Have fun finding out your answer.

Joe

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Which ones does your gun like? HMB

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Paper or plastic?

Regardless, Federals...

7. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Phil, I thought you would have this all figured out by now. You must have an opinion as to which shell breaks targets best for that cheap gun of yours. Shoot that brand of shell and don't worry about it. My cheap gun likes AA best. I would like to shoot STS because the empties are an easier sell but I will not argue with my gun.

Since you moved so far out into the sticks the porch jockies here at Flagler miss you, no one left to pick on (LOL). I will try to make it over to RR but may not be until the weather cools a little. May see you at the Silver Dollar as I plan to shoot there several times over the Summer. Marc

8. running bear

running bear Member

Is it cooler at the Silver Dolar?

Buck

9. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

STS 1 0z 8.5's Nothing but the best.

Rick in MT

10. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

It might be in my head, but I think STS shoot a little softer than AA. I have had other shooters say the same.

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Federal Gold Medal 1oz 8.5's are my favorite singles/first shot in doubles load of all time (actually, I've shot some great doubles scores using them for both shots)...wish I could still get them in western Canada at a price that didn't require a second mortgage or a human sacrifice....

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words Marc, PM me wwhen your coming to my neck of the woods, Bernie got the old wagon loaded already bringing 8 flats of Nobelsport for George B, how about a really nice Rem 3200 live bird gun or an Infinity one of one

Phil

13. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Phil, I agree with Rick in MT. The STS 1 oz #8 1/2 shell is one of the best on the planet. I'm also a huge fan of the same shell in #8.

Shoot the Feds and Wins for practice and leave them on the ground. Shoot the STS when it counts and sell the empties.

14. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

Phil what a dilemma you have. Which brand new shell should you shoot???

15. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Phil, If memory serves the Rem's are abit slower than the Win.'s and Fed's. This will give them abit less recoil. Albit, not to many shooters could notice it. What gun are you shooting now. Last I heard you loved the Infinity!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.