1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This may be like asking how deep is 'deep', but ..

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

This may be like asking how deep is

What is the most ... (I guess 'universal' is the right word) (re-)load the good shooters use on *registered targets?

Forgive the brain-dead noobie/ignernt question, please.
    I'm just curious.

I'm not a trapshooter, but I like hanging around them: they're fun, a little obsessive, like nice guns, will loan you their toothbrush, wife or gun (but never their dog, of course) and will run over 9 slow, fat people to help a kid learn to shoot.

My background 'guess' is that at least 4 guys on a squad are shooting the same thing, except for the colour: 2¾dr-1oz ... Remchester hull, Remchester primer, 17½gn of Red Dot(?), DR/CB tapered-base wad, #8? shot?

Handicap & doubles ... 3dr-1-1/8?

GS

2. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Nice cast, but would probably have to add promo or other CHEAP powder with the red dot. also have to add 7 1/2 for the cap's load. and oh yes Chedite for the also primer.

Bob

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I doubt you'd find 4 guys on my squad that shoot 1 oz. loads on 16's.

Maybe one guy, but never 4.

Hauxfan!

4. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Most of the good shooters shoot new! Probably 1 1/8 oz of light for single, probably 1 1/8oz of handicap for 27 yard, and light 8's for first shot of doubles and handicap 7 1/2's for second shot of doubles. All new shells though. Not reloads. Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.