1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This just in from Singapore!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bob Schultz, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I just had to share this email with you. I get these all the time on my business email, do they really think someone would do business this way?

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm interested to order from your company. Before we go any further, please
    let me ask you these questions:

- Do you ship worldwide to Singapore?
    - Do you accept Mastercard or Visa?

For those I will responsible for the fees.
    I think that wouldn't be a problem as I am sure that you can ship via DHL
    or UPS and that you have a merchant account to accept Credit Card payment,
    but once again, I just want to make sure. Please respond immediately so
    that I can start ordering.
    I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
    Peter Lee
    Singapore
    =============

Don't ya just love it! Sure, give me your card number in Singapore and I'll ship you a cou;le of grand worth of stuff...right.

Bob Schultz

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Gee Bob, your getting pretty damn independent aren't you ..? I mean with a name like Peter Lee you make is sound like this guy is some kind of a crook just because he lives in Singapore ... I detect a little profiling going on here ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. atashooter

atashooter Member

Daggone ... One time, I had a millionaire cousin I didn't know about, that died in a car crash in Nigeria, left me a million dollars. All I had to do was give them my checking acct info to collect it.....

4. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Bob, what else have you done to deserve such a deal?

5. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

Bob: What is wrong with this? The guy wants to buy something from you but needs some info. And you ridicule him? You don't need the order? If you were working for me, you'd be fired really quick!

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Buddy O: I take you are trying to be funny, I hope!

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

WPT,

You crack me up!

ec90t

8. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Hey Bob, Give him a good deal on once fired primers or once fired Kemens and a case of target smokeballs made with the Kemens just to see if he's legit.

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I have won the U.K. lottery of 1 million pounds not ONCE but TWICE in the same week. Go Figure. Omaha

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I got a great a couple of weeks ago from a medical professor at Queen Mary University in London. It was during the time of Wimbledon.

As it just so happened, my daughter was studying law right there on that campus the day I got the email telling me how lucky I was.

I forwarded the email to Kristin and asked her to print it out and take it in to the admin there to check this guy out. Of course, it was a scam, but the school authorities and daughter all had a good laugh.

What are the odds of me getting this and daughter was right there on campus? Priceless!

Whiz

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I'd have to agree with Bryce. It looks like he is inquiring about making a purchase and did not ask for your credit card information. He is asking if you can ship to Singapore and can accept credit cards. He apparently has offered to pay any credit card fees as well. Now if you aren't in business to sell anything and/or it came in a personal mail account, I'd be a little more suspect.

12. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

No, Dave P, I am deadly serious.

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

What is the harm in taking it to the next step? Ask him what he needs. You have an Internet sight - he may be legit.

If he is legit, he will understand your concerns and agree to a money order or some other "safe" form of payment agreeable to you. If he hesitates, dump him and congratulate yourself on being perceptive.

If he is legit, and you make the sale, you have a new customer and maybe more of his shooting buddies will be buying from you.

I have shipped stuff to the UK (Ebay sale) and did not get burned - but maybe I was lucky.

Don

14. Bob Schultz

The reason there are BILLIONS of dollars in credit card scams each year are folks that answer emails like this. International recourse on credit card fraud is almost non existent. Sure the credit card might be good when you take it, however if you read the fine print in your contract with the banks, if the card turns out bad later or is a stolen card that gets through the system they take the money right back out of your account!

We do a fair amount of international business and much of it via email. The persons generally ask about a specific item and are willing to provide a card with a verifiable address.

I get these Singapore, Macau, and HongKong emails at least once a week. I have taken the time to reply and ask for specifics and have NEVER gotten them as I ask for verifiable data.

Trust me on this one ... it's a scam. If anyone would like me to forward these emails along with the Nigerian Lotto winners and my distant cousins from Rwanda who has left me 47 milliion dollars or any of the others just send me your email address and I'll be delighted to forward them to you!!

Judging by the email I recieved from Red Meador below there is a lot of sympathy out there for email scammers... I copied and pasted the email for all to see.....

Bob,

I always knew from the first time I met you that you were not the sharpest knife in the drawer and now you have put it out for the whole world to see. It appears that you did not read this guys email or you cant understand what he is asking for.

If I were you I think i would tuck mydumd butt tail between my legs and Run ,not walk to delete that thread. I doubt that you will do it because of your huge over inflated ego. I see a couple of trap shooters were smart enough to read the email for what it said

Red Meador

Well, Red, you are now on my email forwarding list. You can read all of the emails that I and my spam filter deem less than worthy. Hope you enjoy the reading.

Bob Schultz

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

The only form of funds that should be used for legitimate international transactions is a bank wire transfer. If any other form is offered for a transaction over $100 I would decline.
    Joe

16. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Dear Sir or Madam. ( I'm not sure which because Bob could be short for Robert or
    Roberta)
    I'd like to do business with your company. As you know trap is very big in Singapore.I've heard you handle Ljutics. I've been considering a new Ljutic Black Diamond. Most of the gun stores in Singapore only handle Perazzi's and Krieghoffs.
    That's why I'm contacting you. Hopefully I can get one before the Singapore Grand which is coming up soon. Thanking you in advance.
    Your friend, Peter Lee

17. Bob Schultz

gun fitter,

Irrevocable Letter of Credit from an International Bank will work nicely too... I have used both. Visa and MC are great for baseball tickets and the like, if you are talking serious money don't use or accept a card.

Bob

18. Bob Schultz

Anyone interested in another fine opportunity? this one showed up this evening... Last time I checked most bankers in London had spell checker in their computers! Actually, I doubt they would need them!

Good Day,

I am an investment consultant working with BANK OF
    SCOTLAND LONDON LIMITED.At their offshore department
    BANK OF SCOTLAND LONDON LIMITED.I will be happy to
    work this deal out with you if you have a coporate or
    personal Bank Account and if you are capable to keep
    TOP SECRET.I need strong Assurance that you will never
    let me down,if I transfer this money to your account.

During one of our peroidic auditing I discorved a
    dormant accounts with holding balance of 15,000.000
    (FIFTEEN MILLION POUNDS} this account has not been
    operated for the past years. As at this moment,I am
    constrained to issue more details about this business
    until your response is received.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible
    if you are interested, on replying send me the
    followings.

Your Name:
    YOUR BANK DETAILS TO RECIEVE IN COMING FUNDS
    Your Telephone

Thank you for your time and attention.

Warmest regards,
    Dr.Carson Carlos.

19. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Those bastards are so creative, it cracks me up how stupid they are.

Berettaman7

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

No stupid is what describes those who respond. Like most scams the reason they keep happening is, unfortunately, that they work with some people.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.