1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This is where the Democrats don't want us to drill

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

From Marsha Blackburn Republican Member of the House of Representatives reposted from RedState.com

"I really thought I would come back from the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge with some pretty good pictures of, well, wildlife. To hear the environmentalists talk about it, ANWR is a pristine landscape filled with mountains, trees, and creatures huddled together for safety on their tiny tiny refuge. Imagine how stunned I was to discover, upon landing, that I was in a very different place. “Surface of the moon” comes to mind.

What I found was a vast coastal flat almost the size of my home state of Tennessee. This refuge was taken from the local population by the Federal Government in the 60s. At the time, residents were promised a 2,000 acre plot they could develop for energy purposes. Those 2,000 acres- 10% of the size of a suburb of Nashville – are the issue at hand.

We are talking about an area with so much potential energy that residents actually cut out slabs of oil rich sand for use in heating their homes. I suppose they could cut down trees if they wanted to, but the nearest forest is 100 miles away.

Bottom line: the environmentalists concocted a misinformation campaign about this landscape and perpetuated a fundamentally unfair policy. It is unfair to the people who live in Northern Alaska and it is unfair to an American economy in desperate need of energy solutions."

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So I guess you may be getting a clue by now that this whole fiasco is a dog and pony show to fleece the populace even more, right?

Same as the 1973 shortage. There was no storage space anywhere. Tankers were lined up offshore and couldn't unload.

So they found the only storage space available. millions of half empty gas tanks all across the land.

And it worked. Theis time we are even dumber. Gas is available wherever and whenever you want. Just pay.

In East central Wyoming there are a whole big bunch of brand new pumps in the oil fields, and not one of them is running. So why are they turned off?

I am altering my lifef style to reduce petroleum consumption as much as I can without going overboard. this means deletion of Sunday rides with the missus, no store trips till the grocery list is bigger, Bike for sightseeing locally, and like that.

They should choke on their gasoline.

HM

3. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

It's not about oil. It's about preventing the Republicans from being able to claim they actually accomplished anything, whether it helps the country or not, no matter what the cost, no matter who gets hurt.

Both houses of Congress have been a living Spite Fence for the past 8 years. You name the topic, the Democrats are against it. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid live on bitterness.

From where I sit, this is the most useless Congress in our lifetimes. Both sides of the aisle. Most folks say they agree, and yet almost all of these self-aggrandizing cretins will be re-elected in November.

I don't get it.

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Thanks jim nice post I couldn't agree more. Does this have anything to do with trap shoting? Unless the argument is liberal tree huggers will be the end of all of us including shooters.
    Joe

Good post!

5. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Brooks, thanks for the educational post. Amazing how many people are clueless about ANWR. Yeah, all those good Dems who contribute loads of money to The Sierra Club and other eco-freak organizations. I remember quite well the spotted owl fiasco and the thousands of jobs lost due to becoming protected. A PR campaign by the Sierra Club that worked...all too well. And the Dems are for the working man?? Wake up voters, they are your own worst enemy. There are many small mt. towns her in N. CA. that will never recover with the logging industy shut down.

Halfmile, so right about the phantom gas shortage of the 70's. My uncle was a engineer for Texas COrp in Port Arthur/Beaumont and said at the time they were out of storage and were on production slowdown.

Poor walker should be along shortly (and his adopted son, 2str8) to tell us all about obama's energy plan...you know, the one about keeping your tires at maximum pressure...pretty sad state we are in with this guy running for the Presidency.

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

gun fitter I believe that this thread does have something to do with trapshooting.

As I see it if the environmentalists backed by the Democrats had initially represented the area in question truthfully. Drilling operations may be in the planning stages by now. That might mean an earlier start to lowering the price of oil as well as lower the US dependency on foreign oil.

I am not saying it would change things immediately but it would help to expedite matters a little. I also believe that as fuel prices start to drop attendance at shoots will rise some what.

Of course that doesn't even begin to mention how the Democrats are misrepresenting themselves in the name of the environment. In my opinion just to win the election. If the Dem's get into office all the way around that will not be good for trapshooting or any kind of shooting.

Bob Lawless

7. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Right on, Bobdog, you hit the nail on the head! puablo

8. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

hey guys someone voted the demecraps in for a change 2 years ago we got CHANGE gas is $4 a gallon, housing market sucks, banks closing,food prices doubled we GOT change and they are talking more change I dont want more CHANGE rick

9. oz

oz Active Member

obama said this is the greatest country in the world. then he said let's change it???????oz

10. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

oz, here's how it works. Republicans love American very much and think it's great, and want to keep things as they are. Democrats love America just as much, and think that it's great, and think that it can be better.

As far as more drilling, well is that really what we want? Lets take advantage of the seemingly bad situation and use it as a blessing in disguise. Back in the 70's, as horrible as a president he was, Carter had something right, and that was the energy deal. However then Reagan came in and took away all progress in that field, so we are where we are now. Lets not make that same mistake again. Find, not an alternative energy source, but THE energy source that is renewable. There's no doubt it can be done, we just need to do it. Once we do, imagine the possibilities. No dependence on foreign oil, we would be in control of our energy. Possibly even being the main energy supplier for the world! Imagine the good, or bad, that this country could do if we were holding all the energy cards.
    ...just think about it.
    -Trappy

11. halfmile

Trappy, your naivete is astounding.

What do you think the people in power would do (about you)if you had the means to put most of them out of business?

Read: threat removal....extreme prejudice.

HM

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Oil up +5.00 a barrel because we're butting heads with Moscow on the Gergia issue. We need stop being policeman to the world and start drilling here at home.

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Trappy12 you said "Democrats love America just as much, and think that it's great, and think that it can be better."

Trappy the Dems took control of the House and Senate in the last national elections. Since this has happened Gasoline has doubled in price the housing market has gone down the toilet. Along with the economy, job are disappearing at a shocking rate. The Dems told us now that they had it back things would be better.

Well enough is enough you will excuse me if I am not ready to pay with one hand and hold the other on my butt. I am tired of paying for them to make it better.

I can't speak for everyone on this board but I can tell you how I feel. As far as I am concerned there wasn't that much wrong with the way things were before they took over control of the House and Senate. It wasn't costing me a small fortune to feed,cloth, and keep my family warm,dry and happy.

With that being said if this is their and your idea of making it better please count me out. I'll take the good old days before the last National Elections.

Bob Lawless

14. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I was listening to NPR on the way to work this morning. I try to stomach some of their reports to know how the enemy thinks. The first story I heard was a bunch of liberals around Los Angeles complaining against the oil companies drilling around there and causing cancer with their drilling (right). The very next story was about traveling college sports teams complaining about the high cost of fuel. Libs always want it both ways. I have never met an honest liberal. I hope before I die to meet just one who isn't a hypocrite. One who walks or rides a bike everywhere and gives all his money willingly to the government.

15. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I think you have to separate the Democrats who get up and go to work every day and whose dads and grandads hit the beaches when the ramps dropped at Normandy, and who would do the same if they had to, from the leftwing, communists, nutjobs that have hijacked the leadership of the Party and left the true American Democrats behind.

I think a lot of these Real American Democrats will be voting for McCain because they are tired of Reid, Pelosi, Kennedy, Obama etc pandering to the eco-terrorists, welfare druggies, illegal immigrants, and every other fringe lifestyle group just to get elected so that they can enjoy the good life.

16. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Very well said Mr. Brooks,,,

17. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

JBrooks,

I certainly hope you are right. My father in-law passed away in 2004 having been a life long "Democrat". He was a retired career Army man (Lt Col.) with service in both WWII and Korea (he was still in during Vietnam and volunteered to go but they kept him here in the states).

I had many conversations with him on political ideology and frankly, he was every bit as conservative as I am BUT, he still believed that the Democrat party was representing him. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt, in that he simply was not in tune with the current events and truly believed in his heart that the Democrat party was what he remembered it being years ago.

I can only hope that the Democrats you speak of (many I am sure like my father in law) ARE paying attention and see what you and I see.

18. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

My dad is the same way. Born and raised in the Depression he is convinced that only the Democrats can save the working man. When I tell him what they stand for today he doesn't believe it or refuses to hear it. He has always been a hard working man married to the same woman, self employed, church going, raised six children, elder in the church, on the local school board, never drank and rarely cursed, and never said anything bad about anybody. Took care of my mother who had Alzheimers by himself until she died. Always gave money to charity. Today he would be considered very conservative by his lifestyle. But I can't talk politics with him. It was ingrained in him from an early age that there is only one party you can vote for.

19. halfmile

There we have it. Both the liberal movement and the Democratic Party have been hijacked by a bunch of America hating kooks who shoot their mouth off constantly without checking facts.

There are a lot of thieves and crooks in the Republican party too.

What are we to do?

It breaks my heart to see the country I loved all my life turned into a bitch for every money and power hungry pushy bastard that comes along. Your last Presidential candidate's wife has the Heinz Ketchup company offshore to avoid taxes. And some took him seriously.

This time we have another hater, admittedly so by his own words in the books hw wrote, getting ready to f**k things up even more. Every time I see or hear him it's more stupidity.

I guess we have to ban lawyers from public office, that might be a start. And put a noose in a tree outside the White House.

HM

20. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

JBrooks, yes you are correct, some of the democratic party has moved to the left far too much. McCain is more of what a Democratic candidate should be like, at least on most issues. Obama is as well, however he's got his faults being too far left in some area. Also, shut up about the democratic congress being the cause for rising gas prices. I keep hearing that, yet I hear no proof. And "Well they won't start drilling!" doesn't count as proof because when the republicans were in majority, they didn't do anything about that either. It's just another way to try and put the blame on someone else.
    I couldn't care less about the big oil companies! They have proven the main fault of Capitalism, greed. Don't jump on me about not being capitalist, I just pointed out a fault. All systems have faults, capitalism just has the least faults out of the main economic systems. If they don't want to find other energy, then they are more than welcome to go under.
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.