1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This is what trapshooting is all about...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by starshot2b, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Today was the final day of our State PITA Shoot. We were down to the Handicap Championship (last event) when a car hit a power pole. We lost power, but here's the coolest thing.

As soon as we knew that the power outage was total over the entire club/field, people started scrambling to their various trailers and RV's and grabbing generators left and right. Imagine a trap field with Honda generators up and down the line powering the trap machines. We had 8 trap fields hooked up within an hour and shooting re-started like nothing had happened. Absolutely incredible.

It, without a doubt, was the coolest thing I have ever seen and this is what the family of trapshooting, in my opinion is all about. No one thought twice about the fact that their respective abode's were going to get hot (it was pretty warm today), they just pulled the generators and hooked 'em up!

I'm sure Honda never thought of this as a use for their generators! It was suggested that we send Honda a picture of the trap line with a note expressing that very thought and how they "saved" the day.

Eventually the power came back on, but it still was an awesome show of camaraderie that allowed us to finish the event and the shoot with no problems.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

That is a great story. I love it when shooters pull together and make good things happen.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Thanks for that Sherree. You sure there wasn't at least one Yamaha? I highly recommend the photo and letter to Honda.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.