1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This is just WRONG!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I don't care who you are,,,,this is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me for ranting but this kind of thing strikes a cord with me. I have in my home a neatly folded American Flag, the memento of my Father’s funeral. The flag draped his coffin in silent tribute to his sacrifice for our nation during the Korean War. In fact, each time a flag drapes a veteran’s coffin it is a silent tribute to all who have sacrificed that we might be free.

The picture below is particularly insulting to me. I still stand up when our flag enters a room. I love to watch the presentation of "our" colors at football games, rodeos, all events,,,,I love hearing a room full of children recite the Pledge of Allegiance. I “tolerate” flags made into shirts and bandanas and plastic flags carelessly tossed in the trash can after a parade.

This abuse of our flag pictured below and its defiant, even arrogant disregard for the rule of etiquette by which our flag is protected crosses the line with me. And let me be clear,,,,I would feel this way if the image on the flag were Ronald Reagan’s. I am quite sure, however, that neither Ronaldus Maximus nor his supporters would have ever tolerated such an insult to Old Glory.

This is not about Obama. It is about respect of our country and those who died and sacrificed all to found this great country. He should make a statement denouncing this but he won’t. In our post modern world there is no past and no future, just the present. Whatever feels good or seems right at the time is allowable. The message is that folks like me who are stuck in the past should just “get over it”. Well, I’m not going to get over it. I hope you don’t “get over it” either.

Thanks to Michelle Malkin who can always be counted on to point out the facts no matter how troubling.

Jim

The official Flag of the Obama States of America
    By Michelle Malkin

January 17, 2009

Defacing the flag in honor of the inauguration of Barack Obama?

Well, don’t you dare question their patriotism.

That would be. . . unpatriotic. (Hat tip: Inside Charm City)

Photo source: Baltimore Sun

US Flag Code

“The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it,
    nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word,
    figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.”

[​IMG]

2. atashooter

atashooter Member

THAT IS BULL$*#@ !!!!!!!

3. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Pretty typical....consider the source!

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Thats what you get when someone who is not an American First is elected

5. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Bigdogtx,You are So Right.
    I seen this the other day on a poster in the rear window of,yes a Honda.

Wanted to just put the F150 in four wheel drive and push the #astards down the street.It was just the Flag with Bam,bam on it.

He will be on the $5.00 bill next.

Bocephas

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Make that $3.00 bill.

7. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

Actually I don't think he will be on either the 3 or the 5 dollar bill. Those currencies are already taken,Lincoln is on the $5 and I think Clinton is on the $3. I believe Obama will be on food stamps.

8. Juno

Juno TS Member

Maybe one of those flags will drape HIS coffin.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

dumb a$$ idiots!

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

He's already got his imprint on a trillion dollar bill and it will be in your mail from here on.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Who made them or who ORDERED them?

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

bigdogtx

"I don't care who you are,,,,this is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me for ranting but this kind of thing strikes a cord with me."

I don't consider this thread/post a rant. I consider it an excellent thread/post.

Just in case anyone is interested the quote that Ms Malkin presented in her article.

"“The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.”

Also many other flag facts and etiquette are available at the posted website above.

Bob Lawless

13. nrasmus

nrasmus Member

I do not think wrong properly decribes this defacing and mokery of our natiions colors. There are getting to be more and more people in this country that do not appreciate the colors. They do not stand or remove thier hats during an anthem, thier is no excuse for this you live in a free country because of what that flag stands for.

14. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

Here we go. They now think they can do as they please and theres no one who can stop them. If you try you will be called a racist. Damn if you and damn if you don't.

15. atashooter

atashooter Member

Nope, it will be the theme from the Jeffersons...

16. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

IMO lack of respect for the American flag really took off during the Viet Nam war era.

As memory serves, there have been several unsuccessful attempts to pass legislation to protect the flag and/or punish persons who deface or burn it. The flag has been used on motorcycle fuel tanks, jackets, toilet seats and all manner of objects.

As to the current Obama mania, it will pass. He is our president and he needs our support. The liberal Congress, especially the House gives me more concern than President elect Obama.

I remember my last day on active duty when they were flying the Garrison flag. This is the largest flag and it reaches almost to the ground. A waft of wind caught the flag and caused it to ripple. It was a wonderful sight.

If you visit a cemetery on the 4th of July, Memorial Day and Veteran's Day, you will see many flags of all sizes, all flown in honor.

Let the Obama supporters have their day. It was a long time coming for them and they are justifiably proud. In their mind they are celebrating a victory, not defacing a flag.

The first verse of “Old Ironsides” by Oliver Wendell Holmes says it all.

Ay, tear her tattered ensign down!

Long has it waved on high,

And many an eye has danced to see

That banner in the sky;

Beneath it rung the battle shout,

And burst the cannon's roar; --

The meteor of the ocean air

Shall sweep the clouds no more.

Her deck, once red with heroes' blood,

Where knelt the vanquished foe,

When winds were hurrying o'er the flood,

And waves were white below,

No more shall feel the victor's tread,

Or know the conquered knee; --

The harpies of the shore shall pluck

The eagle of the sea!

Oh, better that her shattered hulk

Should sink beneath the wave;

Her thunders shook the mighty deep,

And there should be her grave;

Nail to the mast her holy flag,

Set every threadbare sail,

And give her to the god of storms,

The lightning and the gale!

Ed Ward

17. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Good one atashooter, " movin on up"

18. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Our Constitution is being violated every day. This desecration of our flag is just one of the abuses, now and coming, to our way of life . Obama ignores the requirement of citizenship and the courts refuse to hear it. Hillary Clinton is not eligible to be Secretary of State by a Constitutional provision not allowing a setting Senator or Congressman to assume a Federal position that had it renumeration increased while they were voting members of the body that approved it. It makes no exemption for whether you voted for the bill or not. The continual assaults on the Second Amendment are being expanded for the incoming administration. The probable Secretary of the Treasury is a tax cheat. The incoming head of the CIA is a long time enemy of the purpose and charge of the job of the CIA in our safety. The incoming U.S. Attorney General had a big hand in the pardoning of terrorist who bombed the Capitol and killed people. He also had a hand in the pardon of a Clinton donor who bilked hundreds of millions of dollars from the U.S. and it citizens while he was doing business with Saddam Hussein and Iran. The incoming Chief of Staff to the President as well as the before mentioned Attorney General are both sworn enemies of the Second Amendment. The list goes on and on. Jimmy Borum

19. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

You're right; totally wrong. It would appear to me that the American flag (according to the picture) is secondary to the message on the flag. It's not only wrong but insulting to what the flag represents. I'm proud to be an American and defacing the flag is WRONG. Darrell

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

school_teacher

"Let the Obama supporters have their day. It was a long time coming for them and they are justifiably proud. In their mind they are celebrating a victory, not defacing a flag."

Ed this is the only thing I believe you are incorrect about in your post(a very good post I will say)No person no matter what his position is above this country. If Obama is going to lead this country it is time he starts he should know just because of his position.

That this is not the proper Etiquette for the symbol of this country. It is he and his position that is the one that should control his supporters. None of those including myself who respect the Flag can be satisfied with letting his supporters have their day. There is no excuse for disrespect for your country because your candidate won the election. Just my not so humble opinion.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.