1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This is going to far

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    This morning, I was listening to a local Radio station WTMJ here in the Milwaukee area and a mother took her child to the doctor. The mother was told that the doctor request that she wait in the waiting room so the doctor can talk to the patient alone.

The daughter told the mother that he asked her if there are any guns in the home? Do your parents drink? Lots of personal questions.

Long story short, other listeners called in and said their childrens doctors are also doing this too. One nurse asked another mother to wait in the waiting room as she needed to talk to her child alone. The mother refused, and wanted to know why? She said we need to ask the child certain private questions.

The nurse allowed her into the exam room and the nurse told the child to read the questions on a computer screen and answer then. Once again, one of the questions was, Are there any guns in your home? Are they locked up, and are you able to get to these guns?

When did all this start? I feel it's none of their fricken business. Any one else here of this going on ?
    Steve Balistreri

2. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Forced memory chips in every child's head are soon to follow. If "they" could get away with it Obomit would pass it into law and say it is for the good of the society.

CM

3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I believe this is an example of "transformation of America"; Steve, you may want to re-read Orwell's 1984. This is just the start. BT100dc

4. senior smoke

Hello:
    This morning, I was listening to a local Radio station WTMJ here in the Milwaukee area and a mother took her child to the doctor. The mother was told that the doctor request that she wait in the waiting room so the doctor can talk to the patient alone.

The daughter told the mother that he asked her if there are any guns in the home? Do your parents drink? Lots of personal questions.

Long story short, other listeners called in and said their childrens doctors are also doing this too. One nurse asked another mother to wait in the waiting room as she needed to talk to her child alone. The mother refused, and wanted to know why? She said we need to ask the child certain private questions.

The nurse allowed her into the exam room and the nurse told the child to read the questions on a computer screen and answer then. Once again, one of the questions was, Are there any guns in your home? Are they locked up, and are you able to get to these guns?

When did all this start? I feel it's none of their fricken business. Any one else here of this going on ?
    Steve Balistreri

5. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Forced memory chips in every child's head are soon to follow. If "they" could get away with it Obomit would pass it into law and say it is for the good of the society.

CM

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I believe this is an example of "transformation of America"; Steve, you may want to re-read Orwell's 1984. This is just the start. BT100dc

7. Mr. D

Mr. D Member

Welcome to the obamanation.

8. 548

548 Guest

Sounds like some form of collaboration between social services and the medical center. I wonder if this is happening to all the children or just the ones getting medical assistance. If it is the ones getting medical assistance maybe there is a waiver to release this info that the parents must sign in order to get the public money. Then once social services has the info they would be required to notify LE regarding any broken laws or imminent danger to the children based on their "mandatory reporter" classification.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. Either way it is wrong.

9. Fla_native

Fla_native TS Member

Florida passed a law recently prohibiting exactly that sort of thing... Dont step off of the X , comrade!

EdH

10. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

This is most likely coming from the administration. Here are brief descriptions of two of the 23 executive orders signed by Obama:

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

#16 would indicate to me that there was some kind of agreement that doctors would ask about guns before the executive order was issued. There must have been some confusion about what the "Affordable Care Act" prohibited, imagine that.

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

This is a tough issue, look at it form both sides for just a moment. On the one side the rights of private law abiding people are infringed upon. No question that it's a invasion of privacy; that said kids are being mistreated and abused in some homes and gun are easy for them to get a hold of.Not all that long ago two childern here in the chicago area found a loaded gun one child was killed.

12. senior smoke

This is what I don't understand, last I heard a parent is responsible for your child until the age of 18. If I had young children there would be no way I would allow doctors to examine my child without me being in the room alone.

There is also no way, I would allow them to ask my child questions without me being present. In my opinion, this is obsurd. All you need is a youngster answering a question incorrectly because they did not fully understand the question, is social service going to take your child away then?
    Steve

13. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

No #$@#$ way a parent should EVER allow their child to be "interrogated" like that! Tell the Dr. or nurse or whomever it's none of their #@$#@ business!!

Ron Burr

14. drgondog

drgondog Member

This is a irect result of te Executive Orders and prohibiteby his own Affordable Care Act in which tose questions, nd recording of answers and storage of the data is specifically prohibited to any entity in the chain of comand of HHS. That includes CDC, Medcaid/Medicare officials, Physicians and Hospitals, VA,etc.

Theoretically -this is illegal as hell and directly counters passed and published Legislation -just like his Exec Order to permit children of illegal persons in the US to main in the US.

Gentlemen of the Left that value the freedoms you had before Obama became President, Recognize Now that when he doesn't like being thwarted by the Constitution, he bypasses it, and gets away with it -

What does that make him relative to other despots that ignore the Law made by bodies of representaives elected by the People? What Next?

15. JT 27

JT 27 Member

There have been posts here were adults have been asked these same questions. One of the left wing reports has a high number of shootings if a gun is in the home. Another example of governmental intrusion. One my wife is very upset with is getting weighed every MD visit. This is "The war on obesity" the Fed will not pay if the doc/nurse does not get a weight every visit. They have to weigh every patient or they will not pay the medicaid and welfare patient bill. This according to OSF health care physician in Peoria, Ill. George Orwell you were 28 years early.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was at a Doctors office not long ago and was asked if I had a gun in the house, I said no its right here in my shoulder holster ... There were no more questions ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. senior smoke

I am not real smart, WHAT ARE THESE MORONS REALLY LOOKING FOR BY ASKING THESE QUESTIONS???
    Steve

18. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

If your doctor is anti gun and you go for a phyical and he puts on your report you may be unstable can you lose your gun? This is one thing we should all be care about. Your doctor right now holds your gun rights in his hands.

19. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I think they (the doctors) have started asking the kids thinking they would be more truthful than the parents.

20. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I was told that if you qualify for medical marijuana, you can not possess a weapon.

If this is true, then if your doctor tests you, and you are positive for marijuana, will you be reported to the police?

What the hell else will Obama do to this once great Nation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.