1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This is crony capitalism too

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

President Barack Obama on Monday proposed to end a "direct payment" subsidy that gives $5 billion a year to farmers regardless of need, as part of his larger effort to reduce the federal budget deficit...

...The White House said the subsidy is "unnecessary" as more than half of recipients have incomes above $100,000 a year...

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

In order to receive USDA subsidies, the recipient must provide a waiver to the IRS to supply their income tax return to the USDA. If the income is too high to qualify for the subsidy, it is not paid. In then case of a partnership, all partners must sign the waiver.

This pre-dates Obama.

3. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I have a farm and the family that farms it signed me up when I bought it.I think you will get a lot more information from the webbsite above. You can click on farming and put in a state or name and see what farmers get. John Moore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.