1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This is BS. powder coke or crack coke.Jail time

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It's all black or white. He is the most racist President we have ever had.

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration is asking Congress to close the big gap in prison sentences for dealing crack versus powdered cocaine, a law that critics say is unfair to blacks.

Such sentencing reform efforts tend to focus on lowering the mandatory minimum sentences for crack cocaine possession, but in prepared testimony to the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Drugs, Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer did not spell out exactly how the administration hopes to make the law more fair.

"The administration believes Congress' goal should be to completely eliminate the disparity in prison sentences between crack cocaine and powdered cocaine," Breuer said in written testimony to be delivered Wednesday.

Federal law now has what lawyers call a "100-to-1" ratio for cocaine sentences, in which a person selling five grams of crack faces the same five-year mandatory minimum sentence as someone selling 500 grams of powder cocaine.

Critics of the law say it unfairly punishes black offenders, pointing to statistics showing 82 percent of federal crack cocaine convicts were black, while nine percent were white.

President Barack Obama had called for such a change while campaigning for the White House.

What the Hell is the difference? Coke is coke! Criminals are criminals!

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Our tax dollars at work both ways. The crack buyers use our welfare dollars to purchase, then we keep'em up in jail.

If you look up the street pricing on the web you'll see that a gram of crack is worth about $25 where as a gram of powdered coke goes about $80 to $100.(Seems crazy to be able to look up the price of illegal drugs on the net) Crack seems to be billed as the poor mans coke and the ghetto rats couldn't afford the good stuff. The dealers have seen the discrimination and made affordable for the entitlement race. Now it is up to the savior to wipe out discrimination for all junkies.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

And then that same president says we need to crack down on drug use to stop the Mexican violence.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This President did indeed inhale.

HM

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

The difference was because of the violence by the crack dealers in poor neighborhoods. I don't care, let the crack dealers out of prison so they can continue their drug wars in the inner city. Obama's brothers will go back to killing each other in the street. The same thing always happens when the police crack down on crime in the inner cities. The minorities scream. But when the cops stay out and let the brothers kill each other at random the minorities scream. The authorities can't win. I have seen it where I live. Black civic leaders complaining when the cops crack down then complaining when the cops pull out and let them kill each other. There is no answer.

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Barrelbulge.. I wonder what the stats are for all jails.. excluding drugs.. I think the numbers would be similar..

7. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

If it wasn't so sad it would almost be funny.

8. drh08

drh08 TS Member

Sorry: I read the first post many times and don't read they are going to lower the crack sentence to the powder sentence.

Such sentencing reform efforts tend to focus on lowering the mandatory
    ( Notice tends as in in the past but doesn't say so for sure)

again
    The administration believes Congress' goal should be to completely eliminate the disparity in prison sentences between crack cocaine and powdered cocaine,"

Eliminate the disparity is the key words here.

I think we are getting excited and drawing conclusions that are fact at this point. No place does it say we will choose the lower sentence for both. Honestly the racists card isn't really played here, just a simple note that way more black people than white are sentenced for Crack cocaine.

Please don't read more into these than is stated. It could just as easily increase the sentence for powder cocaine to make it that of crack.

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Of course more blacks are sentenced than whites. 80% of crime is done by 20% of the nation.(Older FBI statistics). 20% of the nation is not white. It's the other way around. Of course more blacks are arrested than whites, they do most of the crime.
    Watch your evening news. If some perp committed a crime, chances are when their picture is on tv they are black and/or Hispanic.
    The penalties are the same now for crack or powder. They are looking to reduce the crack penalty as opposed to powder.
    Whether it sounds racist or not, fact is more blacks do the crime compared to whites that do the crime. Bulge.

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Buldge, do you need to attach my initals to everything that's wrong with the world?

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Hey Bruce, yuck foo. These people piss me off. I try to do the right thing, i taught my kids to do the right thing and yet the world is full of pieces of shxx that think jail should be like a night in the Holiday Inn Express. Do the crime serve the time. BUlGE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.