1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This is a Flodman/Caprinus

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TC, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC

TC TS Member

Mike, Very impressive design! Can the firing order be selected, ie bottom first/top second or top first/bottom second? Tony

2. oz

oz Active Member

I think the locking mechanism is more novel/interesting. oz

3. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Perazzi BB,

I have an IAB Record Lusso, an SC-300 three-barrel combo and a Premier Los Angeles Trap Combo, all of which share the same striker based innards. There has been some controversy over the years about how Flodman "happened upon" the idea for the Caprinus striker system. IAB designed and perfected the system in the late 60s or very early 70s and amassed quite a few International trap and skeet championships with their design in the 70s and 80s. Fast lock time has always been the featured benefit of the striker system along with the reliability that stems from fewer moving parts.

The next time I have one of the stocks off, I'll snap a few pictures and forward them. In the interim, I'd be happy to provide you with a factory parts breakdown if you'll email me a physical address.

Mike Mann
    ATA Life 07-34685

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caprinus shotgun