1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This helped me

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by phirel, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

For many years I have had a problem with not getting a target because of my weak call. But, if I think about calling louder, I can't also think about breaking the target. The last day of the Dixie Grand, I tried something new. I decided to open my mouth wide, very wide, to see if that would make my call louder.

When I opened my mouth very wide as I mounted my gun, I immediately noticed that my eye brows also went up and I opened my eyes wider (try it, it always works). I don't know what my open mouth did for my call, but it certainly made me see the target clearer. I discovered that opening my mouth wide always opened my eyes wider and improved my vision.

Some will certainly comment that I need no practice in opening my mouth, but that is another topic.

Pat Ireland

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Pat....

The one main problem with this procedure is that most people (and I'm not implecating any of our trapshooting brethren) will stick their foot into their wide open mouth!!

Just an observation...

Curt

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Could be a big problem, Pat, you better check your POI...betcha it moves

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Jeff, No picture?? How did you ever let that slide by. LOL, Bob

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Pat,

You need to emulate the mouth position used by most top shooters, the one that has been proven to give the most repeatable results over time. Unfortunately, most factory gunstocks are designed for shooters with "average" mouths, which may or may not work for you.

...Of course, this is thoroughly covered in Rollin's chapter on the interaction between mouth position and stock pitch.

Obviously, somebody didn't do their homework.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Pat, Perhaps this Big Mouth Exercise Video will help.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rC0mpVRQl0M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rC0mpVRQl0M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Funny,funny, funny. Thanks for the laugh guys. gyrine

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Pat. That is part of Jerry Demulling's pre-call set up. He has his eyes wide open to let in more light. Next tiem I talk to him I'll get himn to describe it. Gets him a 94 ave from the 27. And then I'll send yo a PM

9. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

MAKE SURE TO USE ADDIDAS MOUTHWASH AFTER THE FOOT IS REMOVED. JIM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.