1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This guy must be related to Joe Kuhn....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Check out the super high scope mount on this air pistol.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

The new Obama SOCOM Special Forces Pistol...

3. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

DUUUUHHHH......thats pretty common for Metallic silhouette shooting.....It actually makes sense. It would make your hold a lot steadier.

Buzz....stick to scattergun's.

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Hey Brian. The riser on my scoped gun is alot shorter than that now. The reticle is 2 inches above the top of the bbl which gives me a clear view down to the house with a level gun hold; no bbl in the way to look past. With a dead flat pattern I could directly intersect the target. I miss that. Guys accused me of cheating for a good reason. There is a definite visual advantage. You don't know what it's like until you've tried it.

I've gone conventional and am now shooting a regular ribbed config with 100% high pattern. Gun held low and eyes low too. Did ok with it, but I still miss that scope. Don't know how it would have worked for me in doubles. Am trying to pair it with a pfs on my old Remi. auto to give doubles a whirl. Still a bunch of pieces. Nothing to show.

Have an idea gun in my head. O/U, reciever with no shoulder, stock in line with bbl, with or without scope, pistol grip like on the bottom FG 42.

Love the FG 42 on the bottom. Wonder if a file came with it for custom stock fitting in the field.

You know, seeing my name in a thread title makes me flinch any more. Hah!

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

221, why would that make your hold steadier?

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Joe, I've held a Krieghoff FG42 like the bottom one (the top is a Rheinmetall) at the Oregon Military Museum. It shoulders nicely, and fits well. It's a bit odd with the magazine extending from the left side, and the weight of a loaded magazine unbalances it slightly in that direction. The one at the museum does not have the scope, but the sights are at the same height. It's interesting that decades later the AR15 concept of folding iron sights that line up with the axis of the optics are in vogue.

I haven't seen a pic of your gun in a while. IIRC you were using a reflex style red dot. Did you ever try an EOTech?

And more importantly, did you eradicate the racoons?

7. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

RickN. ..It would allow for more upper body support to your arms. Sort of like an offhand rifle shooter, supporting the rifle with their fingers, to allow their arm to rest against their upper body.

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Stayed with the HoloSight once I got one. Seemed to the the right brightness and the right size reticle - the dot with the circle around it. Still have it and don't see a need to change. AA bats would be nice, but it's a small problem.

And those racoons will never be eradicated. Our outdoor cats (wild but neutered) sit and wait while the 'coons finish off their food. Johnny has had some good fun shooting the coons with his little paint ball pistol. Since we live in town and they're related, we're happy enough to see them run away like they do.

I can't shoot 'em anymore. Caught the neighbor's little dog in my fox trap in high school. Let him go and he walked back home with a limp, stopped, looked back at me, then continued. Lucky his leg wasn't broke. Kind of like the 'The Deer Hunter', if you know what I mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.