1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This guy has it right.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jerbear, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I don't know who wrote this but man he's right.

Obama is making Bush look like not just a genius, but a well spoken genius. Sure, Bush stumbled once and a while when giving speeches. But at least he didn't have to use a teleprompter for EVERY little speech he made. At the rate he's going, Obama will be wearing a PTD (Personal Teleprompter Device) 24/7. He'll need someone to provide every word he speaks, like a little trained monkey.

President Barack Obama doesn’t go anywhere without his TelePrompter.

The textbook-sized panes of glass holding the president’s prepared remarks follow him wherever he speaks.

Resting on top of a tall, narrow pole, they flank his podium during speeches in the White House’s stately parlors. They stood next to him on the floor of a manufacturing plant in Indiana as he pitched his economic stimulus plan. They traveled to the Department of Transportation this week and were in the Capitol Rotunda last month when he paid tribute to Abraham Lincoln in six-minute prepared remarks.

Obama’s reliance on the teleprompter is unusual — not only because he is famous for his oratory, but because no other president has used one so consistently and at so many events, large and small.

After the teleprompter malfunctioned a few times last summer and Obama delivered some less-than-soaring speeches, reports surfaced that he was training to wean himself off of the device while on vacation in Hawaii. But no such luck.

His use of the teleprompter makes work tricky for the television crews and photographers trying to capture an image of the president announcing a new Cabinet secretary or housing plan without a pane of glass blocking his face. And it is a startling sight to see such sleek, modern technology set against the mahogany doors and Bohemian crystal chandeliers in the East Room or the marble columns of the Grand Foyer.

“It’s just something presidents haven’t done,” said Martha Joynt Kumar, a presidential historian who has held court in the White House since December 1975. “It’s jarring to the eye. In a way, it stands in the middle between the audience and the president because his eye is on the teleprompter.”

Just how much of a crutch the teleprompter has become for Obama was on sharp display during his latest commerce secretary announcement. The president spoke from a teleprompter in the ornate Indian Treaty Room for a few minutes. Then Gov. Gary Locke stepped to the podium and pulled out a piece of paper for reference.

The president’s teleprompter also elicited some uncomfortable laughter after he announced Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius as his choice for Health and Human Services secretary. “Kathy,” Obama said, turning the podium over to Sebelius, who waited at the microphone for an awkward few seconds while the teleprompters were lowered to the floor and the television cameras rolled.

Obama has relied on a teleprompter through even the shortest announcements and when repeating the same lines on his economic stimulus plan that he's been saying for months — whereas past presidents have mostly worked off of notes on the podium except during major speeches, such as the State of the Union.

uh uh uh uh um uh um um uh ... Jerbear

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I heard a comment tonight from a caller on the Mark Lavin show (sirius patriot 144). The reason he uses a teleprompter all the time is he tells so many lies he couldn't keep them straight otherwise.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Do we need more proof of what an empty suit we have for a President?

5. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

So, Bush did not know how to use a teleprompter? Or could not read? Or both.

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

That's brilliant Charles. You must be as stupid as Obama if you don't know that Bush and Clinton both used them but normally just for long speeches such as the State of the Union. Both of them had the mental capacity to introduce an appointee w/o using one and also used note cards for most other speeches of any length. They didn't need either to make an introduction.

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Bush used a teleprompter for important, prepared speeches. King Barry can't even do 5 minutes worth of canned remarks without one. He is little more than a second rate actor trying to play the role of a President.

8. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Sarge, one last time. Obama earned a Law degree from Harvard, Editor of the Law Review, with no white, CIA Chairman, daddy helping. Obama did not enjoying the same circumstances as the rest of us white guys. He did it on his own. In spite of being a minority. He is the real deal.

And as far as George's great ability to earn money and make jobs, read your newspaper. Today. You, like the rest of us, are paying for George. And will for years.

It's called a recession. It's called a record deficit. It's called a stock market collapse.

Sarge, one more lesson. Find out who "Scooter" Libby is and why he was convicted.

9. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Charles,

With all due respect, in order to provide credence to your posts, I suggest you provide us a photo of your K80 or give us your ATA #, or some how show us you really are a shooter and not Newbius or Trappy in disguise.

I repeat, with all due respect.

Thanking you in advance,

HBT

10. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

HBT, use the TS.com search feature. Read all about me. Have a good time and learn something.

BTW, when did you post a pic of your gun to give us your cred?

Record unemployment, deficits and stock market recession. And you are want to see my gun! Read your newspaper.

Are you guys confusing this with Tweeter?

11. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Chuck,

I have asked no one to give any of my posts any credence. I bought my gun from a fellow TS poster and am just now learning the art of trap shooting. As a matter of fact, i've just started shooting ATA and find the guys I've met to be great. I don't suggest that I know anything.

I just wanted to help you. I am sorry if I offended you. I felt like you needed some help with the troglodytes on this forum. I spent six years as a Marine Corps Officer defending your right to have any opinion you choose. BTW, I have learned that folks are usually wrong at the top of their voice.

You adhominem attacks do not serve you well.

Hit 'em all,

HBT

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Charlie, Barry got into to Harvard by grace of a black female representative that talked them into taking him as "disadvantaged minority" and with help the Democratic friends of Tom Dashle for who he was basically a "page". This was on PBS 3-4 weeks ago. He earned the position of Editor of the Harvard Law Review because he was smooth talker, a minority, and the time was ripe for their liberal bias to push him into that position. Also on PBS. Not in those words, but the writing was on the wall. Obama did not appoint a bunch of his liberal buds into prominant positions, but instead, appointed more conservative folks in to the leading positions fearing his inexperienced buddies would screw it up and ruin his future. Also on PBS. Educate yourself before making comments.

13. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Setterman,

Your comment, "Educate yourself before making comments," while spot on, will, I am afraid, fall on deaf ears.

I believe it is written, " He that has ears but will not listen, etc., etc." We are in for 47 more months of tough sledding.

We got through Carter. We got through Clinton. Hell, I even survived having LBJ as my Commander-in-Chief while I was in in uniform. We will get through this. It will not be pleasant. It will not be pretty. But, we will survive. The American spirit will not be conquered. The greatest generation was that which grew up in the Great Depression. Adversity builds character.

Damn, in retrospect though, I wished I'd have picked my own cotton.

HBT

HBT

14. Setterman

HBT, I don't like this anymore than you do. I don't like posting on political threads, but it really jerks me when people make random, one sided statements that are not backed with facts. Obama has one goal. Make as many people depended on the Government as possible, hopefully more than 50%, so his giveway programs get the majority of popular vote.

40% don't pay taxes now, don't earn their own existance, and they stand there with their hands out. 30 years ago, most were too proud to do that. Not now. We have 3 generations of families living on welfare. No reason to work or be responsible. What will these people do when the tax base can't support their existance? $10 says they haven't thought about it.

Do these idots realize the stimulus jobs are temporary?

15. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Setterman,

I'll just be happy if the "Stimulus Bill" (what a misnomer) actually creates a job. I fear is will only destroy the work done on Welfare Reform by Clinton and Bush.

People follow the money. If we give it to them for nothing they learn to do nothing. LBJ fought two wars. The War on Poverty and the Viet Nam Conflict and lost both!

The gov't could not even run the Bunny Ranch in Nevada profitably. If you can't make a go of selling pussy and whiskey you are just not much of an entrepreneur.

I am shooting in the Club shoot tomorrow so I won't be thinking about this idiocy for a while.

HBT

16. Setterman

HBT, Keep your head down tomorrow. A good Marine would know that.

17. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Setterman,

You'd think so, wouldn't you? If I go to missing, I know what has happened. I've relaxed my concentration and am lifting my head to admire my work.

Thanks for the reminder. You wouldn't want to stand behind me and yell that in my ear before I shoot would you? I'd buy lunch.

HBT

18. Setterman

If you're in Texas.....I'll never get there in time. Find some nice young gal to impress. A Marine can surely pull that off.

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

CharlesK79:

I will bet ten bucks you can't find out who paid Obama's way through college in 12 hours. Hint: it wasn't him or his Mammy.

I would bet a lot more that you don't know why.

HM

20. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Halfmile, you win. But I don't have ten bucks to bet. First Sargent will not authorize it.

Old Marine, I'm an old Army grunt. MOS: Light Weapons Infantryman. '66 to '69. HQ USAREUR. Thank you for your service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

right56821