1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This from the NYT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Intel community believes Iran will have a nubomb by end of next year, and they already have the medium-range missiles that can deliver it. Russia delivers a new air-defense system to Iran early next year.

I look for Israel to "act" on this information, and if Obama wins, sooner rather than later, before Iran can take delivery of that Russian system.

Wonder what shutting down the gulf for a week will do for oil prices? Obama can take all the credit for that he wants...

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Mullahs have legs to move around. But nuke facilities don't. I think Israel will let 'em have all the mullahs they want, as long as the mullahs don't have a nuke. As far as having Saddam's mentality, it sure didn't prevent Israel from "doing" Iraq's nuclear facility, back in '82 or so (I lived through Carter, too). If I was Israel & wanted to fly across Iraq to bomb Iran, I'd want to do it while the yanks are occupying Iraq...of course, that will bring in some tricky diplomatic issues for Iraq's new government, so we'll have to see what happens.

I love the thought of Obama "The Harvard Sissy" attempting to handle an event such as this. On second thought, no I don't...scratch that. And neither does Israel...they'll probably act before he takes office.

(How far into his term before Vlad Putin bends him over and impales him, ya think?)

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Not an expert, but if a country that produces oil budgeted for $90.00 per barrel, and now is getting $70.00 they have to make a choice to <br>

1. Reduce production therefore, reduce inventory in the hopes that the price will come back up.<br>

2. Incease production to make up for the short fall.<br>

Ronbo

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Why drill off shore when there is suppose to be lots of oil in the US ??? Getting those wells back into production sounds more realistic . The cost and time line of getting just one off shore rig into production could be as much as 8 years . Cleaner coal burning plants to get the workers from the Middle States back into action . Solar , Wind , Water ?? So much can be done but it`s mostly all talk !!!! I`m not too much for Nuclear Power but if we must , we must . We have too many as it is and the Security risks are much too high plus the land is quaranteened forever once they are in producion .

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Not seeing it at the pumps though. Gas should be around the $2 mark by now.

6. chessney

chessney TS Member

Hey MIA, Why do you think the price is going down? Well let me tell you. These countrys see that Obama has a sizable lead in the polls and they will do anything to keep a Rep out of the whitehouse...Just wait till he is elected! The price will go below $2.00 a gal. The world loves this guy..Ziggy

7. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

About 10 years ago, oil was at around $12/bbl and they were all making money. Gasoline was .95-.99/gal in NYS. Trump says it might be there again. Larry

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Chessney,

Touche. Go back and read your own posting. "The world loves this guy." Uh huh, the same people that hate us in general, love this guy. Were you on a "Skoal buzz" when you wrote that? On a commercial break from "Friday Night Smack-down?" If a body didn't know otherwise, they'd think you wuz too stupid fer words, bro.

MIA,

Wall Street estimates that $50 is the industry's "cash price" for a barrel of oil, ie, the cost to get it out of the ground, from an existing well. Alberta O/S projects are getting delayed and even cancelled as we speak. Same thing is happening with Zinc, Aluminum...commodities are starting to look cheap once again. Wahoo!

9. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

We should still drill....and have a 20 year plan! Neither candidate has a frick'n 20 year plan! We need a long term plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.