1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

this could give me a headache...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JimC, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimC

JimC Member

Well, I was thinking....that alone could make my head hurt. I bought 100 lbs of reclaimed shot.......then I started thinking about how many times has it been shot?

What percent of shells fired are using reclaimed? If it's been reclaimed that makes 2 times right there and then how many time was it fired before that?

Now then I need the math people of the world to figure what percent of reclaimed is 2X fired, 3X times, 4X........ How often is the range reclaimed?

I need to get out more... Oh yeh, it shoots just fine and the clays still break even when hit by out of round shot. In my case the "flier shot" may help my score.
    JimC

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Take two aspiran and don't call me in the morning!

3. zeroed4x

zeroed4x TS Member

Pattern your reclaim shot loads.
    If they shoot like crap, sell them cheap to the high cap shooter in your club.

Next, :)

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Trap lead mining - the ORIGINAL green technology.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

JimC- I would be pleased to do the rather simple math for you. First, I would need you to tell me how many shooters at the club where the lead was mined shoot new shot and reclaimed shot. Then how often the lead has been recovered from the club and the percentage of total lead at the club was reclaimed. Then, making the probably erroneous assumption that these ratios have been constant over several years, I could give you a number. Both the accuracy and relevancy of my number could be questioned. But, I can derive a mathematical number based on inaccurate information and the accuracy of my number cannot be better than the numbers I use for the calculations.

Pat Ireland

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How many time has the air your breathing been in someone else's lungs?

7. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Like the sports show on TV says: Remember, we all live downstream. Regards, Ed

8. JimC

JimC Member

Interesting responses. This came up in one of my mindless periods while reloading. Put a hull in, pull the handle, put a hull in, pull the handle.

May be I'll concentrate on how much of the shot was soft vs chilled hard. That might account for how much is deformed, or not.....
    Jim

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When shooting is done for the day, walk out in the drop zone and get your lead back. It's yours, so don't let anyone else get it. HMB

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

But how do I know which pellets are mine vs which pellets are Martins?

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Mark them with lipstick........

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I'll have to have Neil do a study on the aerodynamics and effects first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.