1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

This cold and windy weather has taken it's toll

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

This cold and windy weather has taken it

This cold damp weather has brought on arthritis pains, how about you other shooters how has it affected you?

One thing I have noticed is when wearing my winter shooting coat w/liner it is now restricting raising my arms, I took it off and put on a sweatshirt and used my shooting vest for more freedom.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Doc L.
    At our mid-week gun club practice sessions this bleak weather has spawned a lot of coffee drinking and donut eating and has slowed down the actual shooting.......but I am ok with it because I like coffee AND donuts!!!.....Uncle Sam, Pa.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I can relate, its been getting pretty cool here at night but back into the 80's and 90's during the day ... It won't be long and winter will be upon us and we will have to quit wearing shorts for a week or two again like last year ... Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Christmas and pass the sun screen ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

I just took this picture for everyone's amusement.
    michaelwascom_2011_24073.jpg

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I hate winter and the aches and pains that is seems to bring.

6. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Arthrotec 75mg. All winter twice daily.
    Alan

7. Dr.Longshot

Man you guys have said it all, I hate cold weather. BBBBBBBbbbbbbbRRrrrr sneeze cough cough. Give me the coffee, and a sip of Seagrams Dark Honey swweeeeet.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Just got in from a day shooting ATA. Still wearing the shorts & polo shirt. Everyone shooting was dressed about the same in the sunny 79 degree temp at Markham Park in S. Florida today.

Eric

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you want to get rid of the aches and pains try some raw honey mixed with a little cinnamon. You can get it at your local health food store. HMB

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I hate the aches and pains too but fortunately we finally closed on a home in Florida on the 15th of this month. Waiting for my daughter to graduate school then off we go in May. Last winter North.
    barrelbulge_2008_210859.jpg

barrelbulge_2008_210860.jpg

About 20 miles from the Silver Dollar.

Bulge.

11. Dr.Longshot

I will try the honey and cinnamon, presently using Absorbine for horses is also OK for humans, they sell a lot to us old folks he told me for the same exact pains

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The next 4 or 5 months are going to be nice. Been looking forward to it for months now. I'll probably have to mulch the leaves one more time then the mower gets put up till April. No more mowing, weed whacking, racking, tilling in the garden. No more skeeters, snakes, spiders, etc......which means I can go back in the woods for a walk or hike or go chop some wood. Try chopping wood in July or August. It will kill you. No more having to buy ice for the cooler, just sit the beer outside. And if you do overindulge, guess what? - the hangovers are easier in the winter. Just walk outside when it is freezing, beats taking aspirin. It gets dark early so you can catch up on your sleep. Dam what could be better?

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bulge,

Which bedroom is mine? LOL

Nice house, glad you and your wife finally closed on one. I know you two have been searching for sometime now. Congrats.

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Titan, 4 years it took us. If your looking at the front door from inside, the room to the left is the guest bed. You are welcome anytime. There is a pool so bring your swin suit. No skinnydipping. Bulge.

PS: Gary, sorry i dumped on your thread if you want me to start my own no problem. PM me.

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Gary, i received this in my E mail. Mike

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily (morning and night) one cup of hot water with two tablespoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. When taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week (out of the 200 people so treated) practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain -- and within a month, most all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis now started walking without pain.

16. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

...and I got some ocean-front property in Utah I'll let go cheap where you can sip yer brew and wait for the magic to happen!

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.