1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinnest butt pad for PFS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pakk, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pakk

pakk Member

I'm looking to reduce the LOP by as much as I can on a gun equipped with a PFS. It is a BT99 if it matters. Being that it is a PFS, I don't need it to be the most shock absorbing pad. I have found a handful of 1/2" pads. Is there anything out there thinner?

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

pakk, If you can't find the adj. screw/bolt that lets you change the lenth of pull, then contact Vern Brown himself so he can advise you how to do so. You don't have to change pads!!! You should have him send you all the directions and maybe all the different tools/parts kit/weights, misc needed to adj. this stock as well. Good Luck!!! His # is (719) 547-4432 phone/fax. Cell # (7l9) 250-7727. break em all Jeff

3. pakk

pakk Member

It is at it's shortest position. I'd like to make it shorter.

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

It still might be worth a call to Vern. It seems to me I've read that he is able to modify the PFS to a shorter lop

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Beretta Micro-Core pad is 4/10 of an inch.

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Just install a butt plate from another gun like a rifle. No need for a pad when you just need to increase the contact area. I think one of those checkered wood ones from a nicer field gun would be ideal. You may need to grind a piece of aluminum the same size as the pad to provide additional support if there is a lot of overhang. I should think you could get it under 1/4" thickness pretty easy.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.