1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking Of Getting Remington 3200 Choked

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bryce720, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

I have a Remington 3200 Super Trap that I am will be using for Sporting Clays. I am considering 2 options. One would be getting the gun choked, if so who would be best for the job??? I am also thinking of getting it opened up and shooting fixed choke. With this option how far can I open the chokes and still leave enough steel, so the gun can be choked in the future?? Thanks

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Nobody does a better job choking a 3200 then Briley.

For one thing, they true the bores (Remington didn't make very concentric bores on the 3200).

You never have to apologize or explain Brileys.

If you want to have specific patterns in fixed chokes: Allor, Eyster, Wilkinson.

Bob

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

What is a 3200 "Super Trap"?

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I'm being totally nosy hear but i wouldn't alter it in any way. #1 3200 = nice trap gun with some collector value that will end. #2 you can buy a used nice choked O/U fairly reasonable. Pleas look before you leap. Just my unsolicited $.02

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I wouldn't touch it at all---Put it away and buy a 682 gold E or browning sp clay gun with all the chokes you will ever need---That gun will be a collectors item someday---Mess with it and it is spoiled forever---I did something similar to a browning superposed and it is a safe queen,never to be worth anything anymore---JMT---SJB---

6. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I talked to Wrights about installing removeable chokes like you are asking and Mr. Wright said _some_ 3200s do not have enough metal to do this safely. I let it drop at that and haven't pursued it further for my 3200. Did notice a 3200 being sold here with two sets of barrels, the one having a blown tube. I don't remember if it was the top or the bottom, but it was being sold as an extra that could be made into a single so you'd have a combo set. Mistakes have been made in choking the 3200.

Joe

7. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

Stu Wright opened the chokes on my 3200 Sprecial Trap to .015 and .025 from it's orginial .025 and .040, I believe. I wanted it better suited for trap doubles and have been very pleased with the results. I do wish now that I had opted for choke tubes instead as I too would like to use my 3200 for sporting clays.

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

If I wanted to pursue this, Stu would be the guy I'd go to.

9. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

I talked to Stu he said we can choke it as long as the outer diameter measures .806 or greater other than that we will have threads showing.

10. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Briley tubed my 3200. They also backbored the bottom barrel to size with the top barrel, and to make the chokes have the same constriction in both barrels. Great job and as much as I like the Wright's folks and products, Briley was the right choice for me 'ol Remmy.

Maltzie

11. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Have Briley do it and never look back. Had mine done and I shoot it at all the games. Bill

12. 3on8

3on8 Member

Yeah, here is my two cents. I love my 3200's. Please do not port them or have chokes put in them. I have seen too many problems to justify it.

13. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I'd seriously leave the barrels alone. They are thin and would lose strength and value in doing so. If you are so inclined, find a used/ruined barrel (block) and have new tubes made as you want them.

14. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Other than having enough bbl diameter, 3200s also have a problem with the bore not being concentric with the OD.

Doug

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Leave it alone, get another gun for sporties.

JMO.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 3200 bore size

remington 3200 to choke or not