1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of adding a high rib ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lighthouse, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Check out this new website, with ribs that come in many different heights, and widths. The quality is excellent, and the price is right.
    George Olsen

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Looks like a terrific deal - maybe too terrific. I'd check out the company pretty carefully before sending them your money.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Too bad they don't offer them in different widths. Almost no rib has a width of 3/8".

4. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Dickgtax No need to be skeptical, I have been to the shop, examined the quality and workmanship, and told Ray that he should be charging more for them. You should also check out the other products that he has at the above website

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Looks like very nice quality at an excellent price.. Will he made a tapered rib to fit the Perazzi????

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

The website says everything is reverse engineered.........that means he bought one of everything GRACO makes and made a copy of it......as far as ribs go, Vicki Keen will make one however you want and has a ten year stream of satisfied customers.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

That's what makes are country so wonderful. We can have a choice. Besides all of that, a little competition don't hurt anybody does it. Exp. if you are the consumer.

8. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

9. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

i spoke with ray today, he is extremely helpful and has started something really good---

10. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Question is, can you shoot a high rib? Not everyone can. Some people do better with a low rib.

11. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

The only guns I've ever built a 3/8" wide rib for were BT-99's. All of the Krieghoffs, Perazzis and Kolars I've done were quite a bit wider than 3/8". I don't know if there is a market for a rib you can only get in one width, but I guess there must be if he's doing it and making money.

Josh

12. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Are these the same ribs others have called "Keen" ribs?

Thanks

13. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

14. dhip

dhip Active Member

OK,while we're on the subject,,why add a higher rib.I shoot a Sporting Clay Special Edition (browning) but have shot Other guns with higher ribs,seemed the same to me.What's the purpose of the higher rib? Would it change the POI,say ,on my browning if I added one?

Doug H.

15. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

If setup correctly, the higher rib will allow you to keep your head in a more upright and level position. Resulting in fewer head lifts (and missing the target).

Phil

16. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I ordered one of the systems for my Browning adjustable comb, it should be here either today or tomorrow, hopefully it will cure the problem I have with the comb moving at the wrong time, even after using Blue Loc-tite. Am also interested in the higher rib as long as long as it is tapered like the one on the gun now.
    Woody Sullivan

17. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.