1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of a PFS Stock For My K-80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Landshark, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landshark

Landshark Member

For those of you that have the PFS stocks, please school me on the pros and cons of the stock.

Are the new versions better than the older ones?
    Can you adjust the pitch efectively?
    Do you need to add the aftermarket comb to get the full benefit of the PFS?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

2. Landshark

Landshark Member

Forgot to add that I have a 30" tubed skeet gun. Recoil is not an issue, I just want the adjustability.

3. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

You have a pm.

4. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

I will always have a pfs now.

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 4 PFS stock. Can't do with out one. All Pro's no con's

6. Bridger

Bridger Member

There are no cons unless you just can't deal with the looks of one. Completely adjustable. You can see the manual on the website. The ultimate comb is a worthwhile option. Shoot one and you will likely not be able to go back to a wood stock. I doubt I could.

7. Landshark

Landshark Member

No PMs yet.

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Is the balance different with a PFS installed or is it about the same as a wood stock.

9. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I have one of the new versions on a beretta 682 & it works great. The new version has two threaded holes for the anti-rotational rod instead of one which allows for more adjustment for cast on/off. There is no adjustment for pitch on mine, you would have to use tapered spacers. Don't have the aftermarket comb so I can't comment on that. If you decide to buy one, I would insist on getting the new figure "8" brace which is available. It makes the unit more rigid. The PFS definitely isn't cheap so if you are only concerned with adjustability, there are less expensive options. John

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have one of the first ones made when they came out with the Ljutic grip. I don't recall when I bought it, maybe 15+ years ago. I've never had a problem. it works perfect. I did make own comb as I wanted it thicker at the top. It was no big deal.

11. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

goose2

My old-style K80 PFS basic stock weighs exactly the same as my wood stock with adjustable comb and adjustable buttplate hardware. Obviously, the PFS weighs more than a plain wood stock.

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

The only con is the amount of adjustments you can fiddle with if you are a knob twirler. It is also a big PRO as you can get it to fit unless you need more than 1/2" of cast off. I could not get enough cast off but we have one on my gf's gun and it is great.

Don Verna

13. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

You have a PM.

Dave Swerdlin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.