Trapshooters Forum banner

Thinking About New Loader

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  DaveXT 
#1 ·
Thinking About buying P/W 800 Plus, Any suggestions , EH !!

Joe Woods/Ontario

#3 ·
I have a P2000. The 800+ is very similar and I think you will be happy. There is a learning curve but once you understand the loader all is well. If I were to buy a new one and could justify the expense it would be the spolar, otherwise I feel the PW is the best. I have owned a Mec Grabber and a Dillon and a 366. The 366 is a good loader also

#4 ·
Had them all and the satisfaction you get from owning and using a Spolar is unsurpassed. The machine removes 99.9% of all the large and small annoyances of the other designs. If for some strange reason you don't like the machine, you can get almost all of your money back when you sell it.

#5 ·
The best bang for the buck is the 800+....plus you can run it by hand, electric or with hydraulics. You can add bells and whistles if you want or just leave it plain.

You get excellent reloads and if you was to check the return of your money as compared to other brands the percentage wouldn't be much different.

#7 ·
My thought is if that's what you want go for it.

One of the shooters at our club has one with the hydraulics and the hull feeder it can really put a lot of shells out. now I find out he's got a spolar with all the bells and whistles I cant wait to play with it.

Good luck with your choice.

#8 ·
I have both a Spolar and a Pacific 366. The 366 is the easiest to use. Best one for the price, and Hornady customer service is head and shoulders above all the rest. I load 3 to 1 on the 366 over the Spolar. My recommendation would be to buy a 366 and use the other $1,000 to buy shot.

Tomas

#9 ·
I have the PW800+ and have been very pleased. Go slow at first while you are learning. Keep your eye on the primers as the shoot is getting empty or put more in so it doesn't get low. You can quickly produce very good shells.

Might have considered a Spolar if the cost was in the same range.

Dave

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.