1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking About Getting a Bersa 22LR for Plinking

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Easystreet, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Thinking about buying a Bersa Thunder in 22LR for plinking. I've got lots of other guns including 22's (most of which just sit in the safe), but for some reason I've got a wild hair to buy a Bersa Thunder 22LR.

Anyone have any experience with the Bersa Thunder 22LR?

Thanks,

Easystreet

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sorry, no experience with the Bersa. When it comes to small .22's, I'm spoiled.

3. 333t

333t Member

I bought a Bersa Thunder .22 several years ago and find it to be a well made pistol. Mine is the all steel version and it very nice to shoot. It is reasonably accurate and functions just fine. I would recommend you use good quality ammo. I haven't experienced any jamming or failure to feed or eject problems. They have been making these guns for years and they are basically a copy of the Walther PP.

333T

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have a Bersa Thunder .380. Great gun. Good price.

I have been thinking about a Bersa Thunder .22 LR too. I think it would make a nice .22 plinker.

Jim Skeel

5. Easystreet

I found a very interesting article (see the link above) about the Israeli Mossad (secret police) and their handgun of choice......... a Beretta Model 70 or 71 in .22LR caliber. The Bersa Thunder looks a lot like the Beretta.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Get a Browning Buckmark or Ruger MarkIII and put a red dot on it.

Much more fun, and you can actually hit what you're aiming at.

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I agree with Setterman, There are better choices for accurate and comfortable plinking.

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It is difficult to stuff a Buckmark or a MKIII in your pocket!

Jim Skeel

9. coling

coling Member

I purchased a Buckmark at Cabelas last year - primarily just to shoot and play with. I went in looking for a small gun. The sales person at Cabelas highly recommended the Buckmark.

In my research many of the smaller (shorter barrel) guns do not properly cycle with the to lower loads in some ammo. As I recall only the CCI .22 ammo was recommended for the gun I was looking at.

My Buckmark has never hesitated with the low cost Federal ammo I purchased at around 4 cents a shot. The CCI ammo worked fine also.

Just my thoughts.

Colin

10. quartering

quartering Active Member

i had a bersa .22 way back when they were $89 new. never had any problems with the cheap ammo that i shot in it. lots of fun. you'll like it

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Not bad if you like a crappy trigger, short sight radius, poor grips, cheap sights...ect...

It's a backup pocket gun, but to each his own.

12. quartering

quartering Active Member

saw this in american rifleman tonight: colt's version of the 1911 in .22lr. made by walther. about $350. looks like fun, too

13. quartering

quartering Active Member

so? how's the bersa?

14. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

This is my plinking gun, a Sig 22 very accurate with adjustable sights and threaded barrel for can. about $400 OTD.
    [​IMG]

15. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Just have to say My Bersa .22 & .380 Thunders are great little Guns. joe90t

16. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

Easy, I have one I bought used and like it a lot! It prefers Viper's the most for accuracy, but even the cheap stuff shoots well. If I had to do it all over again, I'd still buy it.

Bob M.

17. Easystreet

Thanks for all the comments. After thinking about it for a few days, I've kind of cooled off on the idea. I've already got a Ruger Mark I 22LR target pistol that I've had for about 30 years and I don't do much plinking with it at all. In fact, I shot it a few days ago for the first time in several years. It's dead nuts reliable and very accurate, but I just don't get much thrill out of shooting it any more, so I probably don't really need a Bersa 22LR to go along with it.

I might just save my pennies and buy some little pocket pistol in the near future. Right now, I'm kinda thinking that something in .32 ACP would make a nice little pocket pistol. I've already got a nice little Beretta 950 BS in .25ACP that's a real sweetie, but I might be tempted to buy something similar in .32ACP. I really like the single action only on this Beretta. Wish I could find that on some other small pocket pistol in .32ACP.

P.S. Sorry for hijacking my own thread. :)

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.