1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about adjustable recoil pad opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686beretta, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

While in Missouri this past week I believe I have started to pick up my head to watch the target, I have read that the straighter you keep your head the less likely you are to pull it off the gun. Can anyone tell me your experiences with adjustable pads, who installed it such as Rod, David Deberry, or the country gentleman, or can you recommend someone. Also, what is the learning curve with a new mount and adjustable recoil pad, how much will my scores suffer until I adjust to it. Thanks everyone.

2. flamborn

flamborn TS Member

Joe Goldberg (gunfitter on this site) would be a great guy to talk to about this. He can give you tips to help correctly identify the problem as well as fit the adj buttstock hardware for you if needed. He does extremely nice work at reasonable prices.

His email is XXgunfit@aol.comXX (remove the X's)

Goodluck, Fred

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

An adjustable pad is one of the several steps that can be used to properly fit the stock to you. Proper installation requires cutting down the length of the stock and frequently involves grinding and polishing metal to fit the contours of your stock.

Pat Ireland

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Greg Hissem (KS) just did one for me. Great work and speedy turn-around!

Guy Babin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.