1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about a new high rib ljutic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

I'm thinking about a new ljutic high rib any comments and who is a good dealer to use.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I shoot a mid high rib and find it my timing is better than a high or low rib. You will find timing is everything with any rib higher than flat. As to dealers, they are limited and regional. Go to the Ljutic web site to find the one nearest you. For the money you are going to spend, if you are buying new, you would be served to have a fitted gun. Best of luck in your pursuit.

3. doc boc

doc boc Member

I'm shooting the new high ajustable rib model for some 4 months now. it's the best ljutic I've owned. one touch rib is the best on the market. fit and finish is super. gun is soft shooting and swings great. doc.

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Smoke-um, I had one of those high adjustable ribs that doc boc likes so well. I could shoot it pretty good on handicap, but I never could shoot what I call decent scores on 16s with it.

So I traded it off for a non-adjustable Pro3 with a medium rib and both my handicap and my 16 yard scores have improved with it.

As for the adaptability of the Ljutic adjustable rib, it is okay, but I really didn't see the need for it once I got it adjusted to shoot where I wanted it to shoot.

Different strokes for different folks. Try to shoot one or the other before you buy.....if you can.

That said, you can't go wrong buying a Ljutic.

I lusted after them for 30 years before I bought one. What was I thinking. Should have bit the bullet and bought it way back then.

Good Luck and hope I helped a little bit.

Hauxfan!

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Smoke Call Doug Wolk @ Shotgun Specialties 513-887-0290 they are a dealer in SW Ohio.
    I shoot one of these and love it.
    Rooferbob

6. elinvar

elinvar Member

Mr Carpenter
    We have talked recently about a new Ljutic for you- I have 2 Adj ribs in stock at this time- one is a demo gun- it was on here for sale recently.
    Call me and we can discuss one for you
    Terry Jones
    Terry's Gun Vault
    Ljutic dealer- Central/Southern Illinois
    217-433-9885

7. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

Did they ever resolve the rib separation problem I heard about?

8. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

Someone that I shoot with at the Indiana gun club has sent his black diamond back once for a separated rib and a second time for what I think was the same reason. Another friend has a blck diamond and hasn't had a single problem. That's guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can ljutic put an adjustable rib on any ljutic