1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about a kolar max t/a any pros or cons?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

I'm thinking about a Kolar Max T/A with double release triggers,and who's the best dealer?

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Have you shot one? If not, I suggest you do prior to buying one.

I love mine, missing is even fun. I can't imagine ever shooting any other gun for clay targets. That high rib may cause a problem if you cant the gun. The double release triggers are crisp and well designed (at least that is what people tell me that have shot and looked at mine and know what they are talking about). The triggers are very quick and easy to change from / to any release pull combination. Get the .750 bore barrels.

I'm in Canada, so I can't suggest dealers, but I would suggest you try to buy closer to home. You can also go to Racine for a fitting session and a custom stock. Gun fit is still very important. I went with the PFS for a number of reasons and I am happy with that decision.

Any other specific questions? Bill Malcolm

3. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

An interestibg choice.Some of us are bias,
    Bill & I like our Kolar. I shoot a T/S as yet. But!!
    I agree with dealer geography.
    Pete McAll knows his Kolar pretty well.
    Give him a call.

Joe Woods/Ontario

4. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

My T/A is keeping me on the 27 with a 92 average, I just love it. Best gun I've owned yet. Had some trouble with the POI on the O/U but some hanger changes have fixed the problem. I know of some shooters that could not shoot them. It would be a good idea to try one before buying one. If you order one you have the option of choosing 6 different stock dimensions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.